FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Question on Heaven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My daughter in law who teaches autistic kids recently had a former pupil die tragically. He was in his teens. 

A question was asked of her as to whether or not in heaven he will still have autism or will that be eliminated since he will be 'perfected' and autism is a disability 

My guess was he will be perfected the way God intended him to be perfected, as God made him, even in his autism. I'm not quite comfortable with that answer though. 

Thoughts ?
That is a very good question.
And I do not know the answer.
(01-05-2019, 01:20 PM)JustBruce Wrote: [ -> ]My daughter in law who teaches autistic kids recently had a former pupil die tragically. He was in his teens. 

A question was asked of her as to whether or not in heaven he will still have autism or will that be eliminated since he will be 'perfected' and autism is a disability 

My guess was he will be perfected the way God intended him to be perfected, as God made him, even in his autism. I'm not quite comfortable with that answer though. 

Thoughts ?

As the parent of an autistic child, here’s my attempt at an answer: Autism is a condition of the brain, so, I think, therefore it will pass away with the body, and the soul will go on. The person will be justly judged according to their capabilities during life.
What about the resurrection when we are reunited to our bodies again?
(01-06-2019, 09:41 AM)MyLady Wrote: [ -> ]What about the resurrection when we are reunited to our bodies again?

They will be glorified bodies for the saved. For the damned, maybe it won’t matter much.
(01-06-2019, 03:20 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2019, 09:41 AM)MyLady Wrote: [ -> ]What about the resurrection when we are reunited to our bodies again?

They will be glorified bodies for the saved. For the damned, maybe it won’t matter much.

Thank you for the clarification.