FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Milo Interview with Michael Voris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Well now, this ought to be interesting. I've started watching/listening to it. I'm sure I'll have something to say about it when I'm all done.

Update and commentary:

- Man, something about Milo's mannerisms and outward presentation makes him so endearing. I also love straight shooters...no pun intended because Milo is gay. I appreciate that Milo tackles things head-on and doesn't mince words.

- It's very interesting to watch Michael Voris with his gloves off with regard to Pope Francis. I appreciate that he took his time before he said he should resign. I do agree with Milo that two resignations sets a bad precedent and that we should "endure" him for the time being. I absolutely understand Milo's surprise at how he, as a Catholic, finds himself talking about none other than the Pope. I think we're all surprised at the place we're in right now with regard to the pontificate of Francis. Besides, waiting for the next Pope means we have lots of time to storm heaven with prayers for a holy man to occupy the Chair of Peter.

- I'm loving the banter between these two!

- What Milo says about a woman without God, husband, and/or children as she ages and how it impacts society reminds me of what Fulton Sheen said about how women will either elevate or lower the morality of society by their influence. I want to say he said it on an episode of his show titled "Women Who Do Not Fail."

- "What was the question? I got so distracted..." Haha! Milo got so sidetracked talking about Fr. James Martin!

- "...the more God you take out of the Church, the more people you lose." Exactly right!

- The end takes such a stark turn, in my opinion. Milo has all of his ducks in a row theologically, and yet he is stuck in this strange place. I find him so sweet and endearing and he nails it with regard to so many things. I wish he wasn't so in denial on this point. When Michael asks him if he can live chastely and he immediately says no...somewhere inside of him, he knows that the same God he believes in, who empowers His Church, can and would empower him to live chastely if he would be open to it. He just also knows that he's gotten in so deep with regard to his relationship that it is now painful to extract himself from it. I think what Milo needs is stronger companionship from friends instead. I do appreciate his honesty with regard to his situation and it seems like he has some hope that one day, he will be in full accord with the Church's teachings in terms of the way he lives his life. Michael was a very good mentor to Milo, having been in his situation himself. He handled everything with great love, sensitivity, and truth.
Milo was correct about the Papacy in regards to having Francis step down, since it just turns the Papacy into a meaningless revolving door, don't like one, get him to resign. It turns into a democracy like the USA with the right and the left, only 'right' Popes are to be listened to and 'left' Popes to be ignored and vice versa, ride out the 'right' Pope until we can get our 'left' Pope in office and vice versa.

The thing they missed IMO, is that Pope Benedict is still our Pope, Francis has not been canonically elected IMO.

Have to pray for Milo. There is no such thing as monogamous when it comes to homosexuality because it still involves sodomy and an objectively disorder lifestyle. You also don't have to be physically happy with a woman, just to be happy single with the grace of God.

Michael Voris did a good job with that interview IMO. Thanks for sharing the link.

God Bless You
Pray for the young man. I believe him when he says he loves God & his Church.He knows what he has to do to get right with God. Like so many of us, getting the strength & courage to do it can be a challenge. God is working on him. Help him with a rosary or dedicate vespers or compline for him.
(01-18-2019, 08:54 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]The thing they missed IMO, is that Pope Benedict is still our Pope, Francis has not been canonically elected IMO.

Fortunately, your opinion doesn't matter. Facts do.

Benedict himself has publicly reiterated his resignation was valid, made with full reflection and intention and without any impeding fear.

If you think his resignation invalid due to grave fear, why would you want a man back who, when the going got tough, abandoned the flock to the wolves?
(01-21-2019, 02:48 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]If you think his resignation invalid due to grave fear, why would you want a man back who, when the going got tough, abandoned the flock to the wolves?

A question I've asked any number of people who maintain that Benedict is still Pope. Who would want a craven coward who abandoned his sheep?
(01-18-2019, 02:02 PM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]Milo has all of his ducks in a row theologically, and yet he is stuck in this strange place. I find him so sweet and endearing and he nails it with regard to so many things. I wish he wasn't so in denial on this point. When Michael asks him if he can live chastely and he immediately says no...somewhere inside of him, he knows that the same God he believes in, who empowers His Church, can and would empower him to live chastely if he would be open to it.

And there we see the real problem with Milo.

He seems to have Faith and accept and assent to the Truths that has been revealed. 

He however seems to reject by his sins Hope, since he seems thinks his moral situation such that even God is not powerful enough to help him fight his homosexual urges and reorder his life on Catholic principles.

Milo has spoken about how part of his homosexual behavior is because of his abuse in teenage years by a priest. I imagine this has something to do with it, since if he has been the victim of a minister of Christ who would seem to have first claim to grace and God's power to protect him and keep him celibate, and yet this priest did not have this, he naturally asks the question of why he as a layman would have right to such.

He needs prayer and sacrifice done for him to stop resisting the graces that would convert him.
(01-21-2019, 02:48 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]If you think his resignation invalid due to grave fear, why would you want a man back who, when the going got tough, abandoned the flock to the wolves?

Because hes not a heretic.

God Bless
(01-21-2019, 06:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Who would want a craven coward who abandoned his sheep?

St Peter, our first Pope? Besides, it's not about what I want, it's about who God has chosen and who is the Pope. Pope Benedict may suffer from cowardice/fear, but fortunately hes not a heretic.

God Bless
(01-22-2019, 01:00 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2019, 06:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Who would want a craven coward who abandoned his sheep?

St Peter, our first Pope? Besides, it's not about what I want, it's about who God has chosen and who is the Pope. Pope Benedict may suffer from cowardice/fear, but fortunately hes not a heretic.

God Bless

St Peter repented and was martyred rather than abandon his flock. And I agree. It's not about what we want, but what God wants, and by  the public testimony of Benedict and the opinion of the Church, God obviously want Francis as our Pope.
Pages: 1 2