FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A Couple of Questions for the 'Benevacantists' in the Tank (josh987654321)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know there are some people in the Tank who believe that Benedict has consistently lied when he has said that his resignation was made of his own free will and that his abdication is therefore Canonically valid, so I have a question or two.

First, what happens when Benedict dies? Does Francis then become Pope by some unexplained mechanism, or will there need to be a conclave? If a conclave is required, will Francis (as Jorge, Cardinal Bergoglio) be eligible for election?

And second, what if Francis dies first? Does Benedict then 'reassume' the Papacy that he has maintained over and over that he resigned Canonically, of his own free will, or will there be a conclave?
May I add a third question?

I would wonder what would happen, presuming Benedict dies first, then Francis with regard to the next conclave. If Benedict never validly resigned the Papacy, thus Francis is not validly Pope, what of the resignations he received and appointments he made?

More to the point, what about that next conclave? Will Cardinals appointed by Francis be eligible to vote? What happens when they do? Will that not put the election of the next Pope in doubt, since certain Cardinals would not have standing to vote? What if by some miracle a good saintly Pope who will reform the Church is elected? Will he be "canonically elected" since seemingly at least some Cardinal-pretenders participated?
Very hypothetical  :D
josh987654321, I'm waiting.
(01-24-2019, 09:41 AM)MyLady Wrote: [ -> ]Very hypothetical  :D

Not hypothetical at all for those who maintain that Benedict is lying and never actually resigned.
(01-25-2019, 04:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 09:41 AM)MyLady Wrote: [ -> ]Very hypothetical  :D

Not hypothetical at all for those who maintain that Benedict is lying and never actually resigned.

If you are interested, you might want to send an email over to Ann Barnhardt.  Ann@Barnhardt.biz

She is probably the most committed proponent I am aware of. 

https://www.barnhardt.biz/the-bergoglian-antipapcy/

But you can take a look at this part of her video where she touches on that question.

01:30:00 “But what if Pope Benedict dies…?” Binary Objective Reality.

The whole video is pretty in depth.
(01-23-2019, 12:00 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I know there are some people in the Tank who believe that Benedict has consistently lied when he has said that his resignation was made of his own free will and that his abdication is therefore Canonically valid, so I have a question or two.

Not lied, he can be wrong and actually believe this, obviously the state of our Church is not bad enough for him yet to see his error.

(01-23-2019, 12:00 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]First, what happens when Benedict dies? Does Francis then become Pope by some unexplained mechanism, or will there need to be a conclave? If a conclave is required, will Francis (as Jorge, Cardinal Bergoglio) be eligible for election?

I don't know how exactly it's going to play out, I do know the Church will be restored, and Francis is not it. I also know that when that time comes, there will be many who apostatize from the One True Faith, I think Francis is preparing the way for those who will apostatize.

(01-23-2019, 12:00 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]And second, what if Francis dies first? Does Benedict then 'reassume' the Papacy that he has maintained over and over that he resigned Canonically, of his own free will, or will there be a conclave?

We will have to wait and see. Know your faith and stay true to it and the rest is in God's hands, the truth will be made plain when the time comes.

God Bless You
(02-06-2019, 10:54 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]Not lied, he can be wrong and actually believe this, obviously the state of our Church is not bad enough for him yet to see his error.

If he's that much out of touch with reality that he can't tell if he's lying  or not, it's even worse!

I also notice you didn't address MM's question, which seems to me to be equally interesting.
Obviously we can't possibly know any of this. God will straighten it out. It's hard enough these days just keeping your head out of your arse; you know? Just staying in a state of grace is a biggie...Things are so messed up. I mean seriously, come on. How can we really know? We can only take care of the little things that pertain to our own little worlds at home, at work, and in our chapels. The Vatican Is God's to take care of, and He will.
(02-06-2019, 11:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]If he's that much out of touch with reality that he can't tell if he's lying  or not, it's even worse!

It's pretty simple for me, Benedict was elected Pope, Benedict is still alive and they've elected this other bloke Francis, who is not just making mistakes, but driving a kind of Anti Christ agenda as heretics are promoted and the faithful are undermined at every turn.

(02-06-2019, 11:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I also notice you didn't address MM's question, which seems to me to be equally interesting.

The question basically follows on from yours, like I said, cross that bridge when we get to it. I don't know how exactly it's going to play out.

God Bless You
Pages: 1 2