FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I was wondering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You must be received into Holy Mother Church before you can be enrolled into the Brown Scapular; the promises of Our Lady only apply to those who are enrolled, however wearing the Scapular can provide you with a good reminder of Our Lady and to pray. I would recommend that you do as much reading about the Brown Scapular: its history, its promise, and its power. I would also recommend that you not buy one of those ones that have plastic on it, simply because they are very annoying. Choose to be enrolled carefully, however, as it comes with some requirements.

I also don't know if you're aware but there are other Scapulars that can be worn. Note also that the Scapular is simply a convenient, small form of the monastic scapular worn by some friars and monks.
Wait!? Heck no. Get one & wear it  ;)  I have 3. One is my day-to-day one so to speak. It's the one I always have on under my shirt anytime you see me out & about. I have one I sleep in. It has gotten slightly frayed. Sometimes in the morning one arm might be through it so when I wake up it looks like a sash. Eventually I might rip one of the cords from the cloth. If I do I will probably tie it till I can get around to sewing it back, but this way I do not rip my day-to-day scapular. And I have one that is for the shower, shaving & brushing my teeth. It gets wet & soapy. As a result it gets a bit stiff. I have to wash it out in clean water occasionally. It really is not one that I would want to wear everyday or sleep in due to the stiffness. It hangs on a rack in my bathroom.
(01-24-2019, 10:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 10:20 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 01:36 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing that the vast majority of us wear the Brown Scapular. I know of no reason you couldn't simply start wearing it, but I don't think you can be officially enrolled until you are in the Church, tho' I stand ready to be corrected. And welcome to the Tank and to the Carmelite Family. I've been a Tertiary of Carmel for over 30 years.

Jovan. do you pray the Little Office?

Either it or the Old Breviary. I have a Latin/English LOBVM according to the Carmelite Rite from before the Council.
Here's mine. I was told that you had to pray the little office if you wear the brown scapular. That is, unless you ask a priest to get you off the hook from praying that. So I asked a priest once after Confession if he'd give me absolution from praying the little office, but he wouldn't! So, there it is. [Image: 749cc8a89d7358470027fad7164be1c4.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
(01-24-2019, 12:50 AM)Faith and Family Wrote: [ -> ]I  am a newbie, I was wondering if anyone wears a Brown Scapular? and since I am in RCIA classes I was wondering if you have to wait?

You might try wearing the green scapular now, then switch over to the brown after you're enrolled. Green scapular is very powerful in it's own right.
Okay, thank you
(01-29-2019, 03:15 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 10:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 10:20 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 01:36 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing that the vast majority of us wear the Brown Scapular. I know of no reason you couldn't simply start wearing it, but I don't think you can be officially enrolled until you are in the Church, tho' I stand ready to be corrected. And welcome to the Tank and to the Carmelite Family. I've been a Tertiary of Carmel for over 30 years.

Jovan. do you pray the Little Office?

Either it or the Old Breviary. I have a Latin/English LOBVM according to the Carmelite Rite from before the Council.
Here's mine. I was told that you had to pray the little office if you wear the brown scapular. That is, unless you ask a priest to get you off the hook from praying that. So I asked a priest once after Confession if he'd give me absolution from praying the little office, but he wouldn't! So, there it is. [Image: 749cc8a89d7358470027fad7164be1c4.jpg]

Where do you get one of those at?
Amazon has a nice selection. There's also a place called The Rosary Library. www.olrl.org If you ever want to get a lot of them cheap, say to hand out, go there.

Pages: 1 2