FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Melted Wax from Blessed Candles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that disposing of blessed objects in generals requires that they either be burned or buried. However, with blessed candles, much each bit of wax that melts off be disposed of the same way? My taper candle holder has drips of wax that is hard to scrape off. Plus, I was hoping to use some of the bits of wax to rub on envelopes to keep the address from being blotted out by rain water, etc. in the mailing process, but don't want to use the wax if it is still considered blessed.
(02-02-2019, 02:52 AM)TradCathYouth Wrote: [ -> ]I know that disposing of blessed objects in generals requires that they either be burned or buried. However, with blessed candles, much each bit of wax that melts off be disposed of the same way? My taper candle holder has drips of wax that is hard to scrape off. Plus, I was hoping to use some of the bits of wax to rub on envelopes to keep the address from being blotted out by rain water, etc. in the mailing process, but don't want to use the wax if it is still considered blessed.

I have heard that when the form of a blessed object is damaged or destroyed, it is no longer blessed. An example would be your rosary falling apart and you have to put it completely back together (more than a minor repair)- you would have to get it blessed again. When you use up a blessed candle, I think the same principle might apply to wax that has melted off. MagisterMusicae might know for sure though.

An appropriate topic for Candlemas today, it is. Happy Candlemas to all you fishies!