FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Churches in Tucson area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to be in Tucson, AZ area for two weeks in Feb. From what I could find, the nearest TLM is 2.5 hours away, so that’s probably not going to happen. Is anyone familiar with the general area & have a church to recommend?
(02-05-2019, 05:12 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: [ -> ]Going to be in Tucson, AZ area for two weeks in Feb. From what I could find, the nearest TLM is 2.5 hours away, so that’s probably not going to happen. Is anyone familiar with the general area & have a church to recommend?
A friend of mine used to live in Tucson and attended the TLM at Saint Gianna Oratory of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.  According to their website, the Mass is celebrated at Holy Family Church.  Do a google search for the Institute and you can find all the info there.
As LJMarie says, there's St. Gianna's Oratory.  There is also St. Melany's Byzantine Church in Tucson which has a daily Divine Liturgy.  There's also San Martín de Porres in Sahuarita, which is a regular parish but which has a good priest.
You gotta go to San Xavier del Bac, for a visit, not necessarily for the Mass. It's a jewel dropped into the desert. Gorgeous:

Mission San Xavier del Bac
     1950 W. San Xavier Road
     Tucson, AZ 85746-7409
     520-294-2624

Take a 3D virtual tour here via Google Maps

Their website: http://www.sanxaviermission.org/
(02-05-2019, 07:10 PM)LJMarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2019, 05:12 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: [ -> ]Going to be in Tucson, AZ area for two weeks in Feb. From what I could find, the nearest TLM is 2.5 hours away, so that’s probably not going to happen. Is anyone familiar with the general area & have a church to recommend?
A friend of mine used to live in Tucson and attended the TLM at Saint Gianna Oratory of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.  According to their website, the Mass is celebrated at Holy Family Church.  Do a google search for the Institute and you can find all the info there.

Thank you very much!
[quote pid='1392760' dateline='1549466854']
As LJMarie says, there's St. Gianna's Oratory.  There is also St. Melany's Byzantine Church in Tucson which has a daily Divine Liturgy.  There's also San Martín de Porres in Sahuarita, which is a regular parish but which has a good priest.
[/quote]

Excellent, will look into these! Thanks!!
(02-06-2019, 01:22 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]You gotta go to San Xavier del Bac, for a visit, not necessarily for the Mass. It's a jewel dropped into the desert. Gorgeous:

Mission San Xavier del Bac
     1950 W. San Xavier Road
     Tucson, AZ 85746-7409
     520-294-2624

Take a 3D virtual tour here via Google Maps

Their website: http://www.sanxaviermission.org/

We’ve been there, & it’s incredible! There have been some changes to it since we were there 10 years ago, so hopefully we’ll be able to fit in going again.