FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A cute cartoon to start your Valentine's Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: f3a855aa353ed35ed10e0d1e2ba4f9bd.png]
Ha, ha! Cute. I am lovingly lifting this to share.... :heart: :heart: :heart: Thanks sweetie.
(02-14-2019, 12:04 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, ha! Cute. I am lovingly lifting this to share.... :heart: :heart: :heart: Thanks sweetie.

You're welcome!  :)
Just to give an idea of how out of touch the "reformers" were... 

The whole secular world knows the 14th of February as St Valentine's Day just like it is in the 1962 Calendar.

Since 1969, however, the Roman Calendar has the day as the feast of Sts Cyril and Methodius...

Sounds romantic, eh : "Will you be my Cyril or Methodius?"
(02-14-2019, 01:08 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Just to give an idea of how out of touch the "reformers" were... 

The whole secular world knows the 14th of February as St Valentine's Day just like it is in the 1962 Calendar.

Since 1969, however, the Roman Calendar has the day as the feast of Sts Cyril and Methodius...

[Image: 8041018ea88488146c3065d02bb4dbb4.jpg]

But yeah, it was a purely ivory tower reform, with little care for popular piety and devotion.
(02-14-2019, 01:08 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Just to give an idea of how out of touch the "reformers" were... 

Why not, when they had already got rid of Halloween not long before? And St Patrick's Day, at least for most places, including most of the US.
[Image: 8041018ea88488146c3065d02bb4dbb4.jpg]

Okay, that made me laugh ? whoever made that, nicely done.
Happy Valentines Day, Fishies!

[Image: Bgc9LI6CUAAA76j.jpg]
In the Catholic spirit of the day, I made sure to say “Happy Saint Valentine’s Day,” as well as to say and additional Rosary decade for the strengthening of marriages.

In the secular spirit of the day, I decided to do something nice and romantic for my wife. As she enjoys a good steak dinner, and is always saying the house is a mess, I got her a broom, dustpan, and a couple ribeyes. :D

that last part was a joke, y'all