FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: English Carmel Goes Fully Old Rite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From GloriaTV:

English Carmel Goes Fully Old Rite

The nuns of Birkenhead Carmel, near Liverpool, England, are about to make a full transition away from the Novus Ordo to the Roman Rite.

The Carmel was founded in 1918. The sisters wear the full Carmelite habit and follow the 1990 constitutions. They lead a life of unceasing prayer in silence and solitude.

The Carmelite life is free from the constraints of the world. Enclosure is essential to it.

Quote:Their website: http://www.carmelitesbirkenhead.org.uk/index.html
How long do you think it'll be until they get shut down for some reason?
The ICKSP are doing spectacular work in that part of England and I imagine they have something to do with this.
(02-23-2019, 09:12 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]How long do you think it'll be until they get shut down for some reason?
Exactly! When  blogged this story, I said, 'Good for them, but I'm afraid they'll now be in the Vatican's sights as the next Order to destroy'.
(02-24-2019, 12:31 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2019, 09:12 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]How long do you think it'll be until they get shut down for some reason?
Exactly! When  blogged this story, I said, 'Good for them, but I'm afraid they'll now be in the Vatican's sights as the next Order to destroy'.

Maybe not.

They're Carmelites, which means cloistered, which means, out of sight and out of mind.

It's those pesky religious that can get out of the cage that are the problem.
(02-24-2019, 12:45 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]They're Carmelites, which means cloistered, which means, out of sight and out of mind.

Aren't cloistered nuns the ones that the Pope issued the document on a few years ago, revising how they govern themselves?
(02-24-2019, 01:47 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2019, 12:45 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]They're Carmelites, which means cloistered, which means, out of sight and out of mind.

Aren't cloistered nuns the ones that the Pope issued the document on a few years ago, revising how they govern themselves?

Yes. Cor orans was issued last year. The very existence of cloistered nuns is a red flag to the Vatican.
May God grant this Carmel immense growth!
Does anyone have any idea how many convents are similar to this if any? Are there any nuns out there who would be considered to be attached to the extraordinary form? If you get my meaning.
(02-25-2019, 02:53 PM)havok579257 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any idea how many convents are similar to this if any?  Are there any nuns out there who would be considered to be attached to the extraordinary form? If you get my meaning.

There's one in Saskatchewan, I know for sure. I used to spend time with a nun there before I moved. She had priests come in to offer the Latin Mass and now I've heard there is one there every week. She's also trying to get a group of sisters established there in her monastery; she had been a solitary up to that point.
Pages: 1 2