FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Francis Tweets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But, the Great Goddess, Gaia, is wounded by plastic straws in the ocean! Our Lenten penance should be to go 'green', live 'sustainably', and clean up the ocean!

Today is Quinquegesima. Wednesday is the beginning of Lent. It is the Lord's Day.

[Image: Publication1.jpg]

Nothing about Jesus Christ. Nothing about Lent.
If he had put in something to the effect of “the earth that God created for us” I could’ve gotten behind that quote. More confusion.  Sigh...
I miss Benedict.
(03-03-2019, 09:51 PM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]If he had put in something to the effect of “the earth that God created for us” I could’ve gotten behind that quote. More confusion.  Sigh...

Yes, let's anthropomorphise the earth and talk about it 'crying' when there are millions of humans, created in the image and likeness of God, being murdered by abortion, and plenty more of those humans at real risk of going to hell for leaving the Church because they've either been abused or are outraged at the cover-up and the recent synod that did absolutely nothing.

And why shouldn't sinners feel excluded, at least until they repent? The left have done an amazing job at shaming and excluding (actual or perceived) racists, sexists, 'homophobes', etc, with the result that people who aren't liberals don't express their views for fear of getting fired, shunned from society, or worse. But criticise someone for fornicating, now you're a bigot.

Besides, the earth isn't a welcoming home. Our true home is in heaven, and getting through this valley of tears and to that true home is the point of Lent. Which starts this week. And, in any case, the earth will be just fine. If we really do screw it up too badly, we'll go extinct, stop polluting, the earth will recover, and evolve itself some new animals to replace the ones we killed off.
(03-03-2019, 11:34 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, let's anthropomorphise the earth and talk about it 'crying' when there are millions of humans, created in the image and likeness of God, being murdered by abortion, and plenty more of those humans at real risk of going to hell for leaving the Church because they've either been abused or are outraged at the cover-up and the recent synod that did absolutely nothing.

And why shouldn't sinners feel excluded, at least until they repent? The left have done an amazing job at shaming and excluding (actual or perceived) racists, sexists, 'homophobes', etc, with the result that people who aren't liberals don't express their views for fear of getting fired, shunned from society, or worse. But criticise someone for fornicating, now you're a bigot.

Besides, the earth isn't a welcoming home. Our true home is in heaven, and getting through this valley of tears and to that true home is the point of Lent. Which starts this week. And, in any case, the earth will be just fine. If we really do screw it up too badly, we'll go extinct, stop polluting, the earth will recover, and evolve itself some new animals to replace the ones we killed off.

True and well stated. But, if I believe in treating others as I'd want to be treated, then I'd like people to not dump toxins in my back yard. If I'm pro-life (I am), then I should be expecting an increasing human population, and should be trying to make this temporary home a bit better/cleaner/more welcoming for future generations. Honestly, I see no reason one can't be concerned with souls and environmental concerns. They're not mutually exclusive.
I agree I believe we can work towards a better world culturally and environmentally. I'm surprised the Lenten season or Christ was not brought up as well as that is really the main focus isn't it?

Speaking of the environment the thing that nobody talks about is the mining of rare earth elements in China (needed for your cell phones and other tech). Super nasty and absolutely obliterating the environment and I believe a lot of the plastic problems we are having are coming from the rivers in China as well.

We gotta have our cell phones though...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsecu...ation/amp/
(03-04-2019, 09:42 AM)SeeTheLight Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised the Lenten season or Christ was not brought up as well as that is really the main focus isn't it?

Considering it came from Francis, I am not at all surprised.
(03-04-2019, 09:42 AM)SeeTheLight Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised the Lenten season or Christ was not brought up as well as that is really the main focus isn't it?

Obviously not to him.
(03-04-2019, 02:43 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]

Considering it came from Francis, I am not at all surprised.

(03-04-2019, 02:44 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously not to him.

Now, now, gentlemen, let's not be rigid or judgmental. Sticking tongue out at you

I mean, sadly, I had the same thought...
From Vox's Twitter feed:

[Image: Capture.PNG]
Pages: 1 2