FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Benevacantism, Etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-05-2020, 09:00 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]The Mazza Hypothesis: Benedict resigned as Bishop of Rome but not Vicar of Christ. Wherein Fr. Z ponders with a heavy heart.

Oh my, the twists and turns.  Can't bear to think that the seat is vacant...let's come up with some goofy model where one resigns and still keeps his throne, but we refer to the Inigo Montoya theory.

[Image: 200.gif]
I struggle to keep up with this thread with all that's going on, but I still believe there is some serious foul play in the election of Bergoglio and resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, we will have to wait and see how Christ restores His Church, and Pope Benedict XVI even still claims to hold a spiritual aspect of the Papacy, that much is clear as day for me, while ever Pope Benedict XVI is still alive I'll wait and see what happens.

God Bless You
(06-05-2020, 09:00 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]The Mazza Hypothesis: Benedict resigned as Bishop of Rome but not Vicar of Christ. Wherein Fr. Z ponders with a heavy heart.

Barnhardt Podcast #112: Emitte lucem tuam et veritatem tuam -- Mark Docherty and Ann are joined by special guest Dr. Edmund Mazza, PhD.

What a load of bovine excrement! First, concisely, from the Baltimore Catechism #4:

Quote:117 Q. Who is the visible head of the Church? A. Our Holy Father the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, is the vicar of Christ on earth and the visible head of the Church.

The "Bishop of Rome" is always Pope. If the Bishop of New York, or of Baltimore, or of Boston, became Pope, he would become the Bishop of Rome and cease to be the Bishop of New York, Baltimore, or Boston, because St. Peter, the first Pope, was Bishop of Rome; and therefore only the bishops of Rome are his lawful successors—the true Popes—the true visible heads of the Church. The bishops of the other dioceses of the world are the lawful successors of the other Apostles who taught and established churches throughout the world. The bishops of the world are subject to the Pope, just as the other Apostles were subject to St. Peter, who was appointed their chief, by Our Lord Himself.

And, from Chapter 2 of Pastor Æternus of the First Œcumenical Council of the Vatican, paragraph 3:

Quote:Therefore whoever succeeds to the chair of Peter (i.e., the Bishop of Rome-JW) obtains by the institution of Christ himself, the primacy of Peter over the whole churchSo what the truth has ordained stands firm, and blessed Peter perseveres in the rock-like strength he was granted, and does not abandon that guidance of the church which he once received 
If the 'Mazza thesis' is true, we've got a major problem on our hands. Appointment of Bishops pertains to the Vicar of Christ as a power of being Christ's vicegerent on earth. If Benedict is still Vicar of Christ, every Bishop appointed since his abdication has no Ordinary power. They're Bishops but with no right to rule their Dioceses because they did not receive that power from the Vicar of Christ.

On the other hand, appointment of Cardinals does not belong to the Vicar of Christ, it belongs to the Bishop of Rome since Cardinals are technically just the leading clerics of Rome. Hence why each Cardinal-Priest is assigned a Titular Church in Rome upon appointment and why Cardinal-Deacons are assigned deaconries or diaconiae in Rome upon appointment.

So, we have a situation where a large number of Diocese are without Ordinaries and where the Cardinals who will choose the next Pope are being validly appointed by Francis, I'm sure with an eye to a 'Francis II'. 

The only way out of it that I see is to deny that Francis is Bishop of Rome and since Benedict clearly said, 'I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome' and no one, at least to my knowledge, has denied that Francis is Bishop of Rome, that doesn't seem to be an option.
As interesting as the Mazza thesis is, I've got to say, I don't see how "proving" Benedict is still the pope changes anything in the Church. The rot is still there, and has been there, and would not change with such a revelation. Especially, in case anyone forgot, Benedict is not the "conservative" that many people erroneously think he is. Go back and look at his theology, and you'll see that he ideologically aligns with the heterodoxy of the 20th century modernists.

As Jovan said, the Cardinals we have right now are not going to pick anyone out of line with the heterodox 'status quo' of the current Pontiff.
THE STRANGE CASE OF BXVI’S RENUNCIATION.

Quote:Dear friends and enemies fo Stilum Curiae, Giuseppe Pellegrino has translated a very interesting article by Andrea Cionci, from the Italian daily Libero on the renunciation of Joseph Ratzinger. Andrea Cionci is a Art Historian, and writes about History, Archeology and Religion. He has reported from Lebanon adn Aghanistan. You will find first the English text, and then the Italian original article. Enjoy your reading.

§§§

The “Resignation” Was Intentionally Written Badly by Ratzinger to Break the Bank

A Latinist friar explains the true meaning of the Latin text that has been falsified by the Vatican

By Andrea Cionci
Not here to really discuss, but I find Barnhardt and Mazza's theories compelling, to say the least. I think it definitely possible that Francis is not pope. But other than that. *shoulder shrugs* Not so sure what to say or think or do. But 100 years since the consecration of Russia request is coming up in less than a decade and America is falling apart before our very eyes and I'd say we're in for a wild ride.
Via Ann Barnhardt:

VATICAN NEWS
Benedict XVI visits his sick brother in Germany
Pope emeritus Benedict XVI, traveled to Regensburg today to be alongside his brother Georg, accompanied by Archbishop Gänswein, the vice commander of the Vatican Gendarmerie, and a small group of health care professionals and collaborators.
By Alessandro de Carolis

Pope emeritus Benedict left the quiet of the Mater Ecclesiae monastery in the Vatican for a visit to Germany to be close to his brother, Georg. He is 96 and in poor health. The emeritus pontiff traveled Thursday morning accompanied by his personal secretary Archbishop Georg Gänswein; his doctor and his nurse; a collaborator from the Memores Domini community; and the vice commander of the Vatican Gendarmerie.

A statement from the Diocese of Regensburg indicated that Benedict arrived in Munich at 11:45. He was greeted by Bishop Rudolf Voderholzer, who accompanied him to Regensberg, where he will reside at the diocesan seminary. The statement from the diocese asked the faithful to respect the wishes of the two brothers, who requested that the "deeply personal meeting remain private." Hence no public appearances are anticipated. 

According to Matteo Bruni, the Director of the Holy See Press Office, Benedict will remain in Germany for “as long as necessary."

Always very close, the two Ratzinger brothers, born three years apart, were ordained priests on the same day, 29 June 1951, in the Cathedral of Freising. The circumstances of life have taken them in different directions: Georg, a brilliant musician, and Joseph a noted theologian. Their mutual bond has always remained firm, however, as evidenced by the numerous visits Fr Georg Ratzinger has made to the Vatican between 2005 and 2013, during the years of his brother's pontificate, and even after his resignation.

When, in 2008, the city of Castel Gandolfo offered honorary citizenship to his brother, Benedict XVI expressed himself with these words: "From the beginning of my life my brother has always been for me not only a companion, but also a trustworthy guide. For me he has been a point of orientation and of reference with the clarity and determination of his decisions." The Pope’s remarks showed his great affection for his brother, when experiencing happier circumstances, made all the more poignant in this moment.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatican-ci...inger.html