FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Benevacantism, Etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-10-2021, 06:33 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back to poke the bear again.

I'm starting to think Vigano is completely confused on the matter, or is an agent to cause turmoil among Trads. Either way, his theology is incoherent.

Vigano is "like many non-sede trads" is stuck in a rut. He cannot accept Francis's modernism, he cannot accept the idolatry of Vatican II, but he cannot bring himself to say the words "sede vacant"
(02-10-2021, 07:46 PM)MacPasquale Wrote: [ -> ]Clare Brigid, I know your intentions are good, but this is already a touchy subject and people are going to read this as antagonistic.

I think that's the intent.
(02-10-2021, 07:51 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2021, 07:46 PM)MacPasquale Wrote: [ -> ]Clare Brigid, I know your intentions are good, but this is already a touchy subject and people are going to read this as antagonistic.

I think that's the intent.

[Image: 200.gif]
The laity's answer to the pope's failings is prayer, not sedevacantism.
(02-10-2021, 07:50 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm starting to think Vigano is completely confused on the matter, or is an agent to cause turmoil among Trads. Either way, his theology is incoherent.

Vigano is "like many non-sede trads" is stuck in a rut.  He cannot accept Francis's modernism, he cannot accept the idolatry of Vatican II, but he cannot bring himself to say the words "sede vacant"

Once you do it contextualizes everything. And you don't have to budge on one single truth about either the papacy or the Church's indefectibility. 

The moral decline in the West accelerated once Roncalli took the throne, and then the Church swiftly followed after the Council. The tide of Satanism exploded once "he who now holdeth [the Pope], do hold, until he be taken out of the way." (2 Thess. 2:7).
(02-10-2021, 08:08 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]The laity's answer to the pope's failings is prayer, not sedevacantism.

I'm not going to knock prayer, keep on praying for Bergoglio and that he renounces his errors so he can become a true Pontiff.

But I'm not going to operate under the serious delusion that this man is the Supreme Pontiff contrary to the promises of Christ and the declarations of previous Popes on the papacy. Not one man is worth hell.
"Not one man is worth hell."  It is a sad irony that you are risking your salvation over one man.
(02-10-2021, 08:51 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]"Not one man is worth hell."  It is a sad irony that you are risking your salvation over one man.

We were told not to follow false shepherds, so that's what I'm aiming to do.
(02-10-2021, 08:51 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]"Not one man is worth hell."  It is a sad irony that you are risking your salvation over one man.

How you not see the irony in what you said is rich.
(02-10-2021, 08:08 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2021, 07:50 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]

Vigano is "like many non-sede trads" is stuck in a rut.  He cannot accept Francis's modernism, he cannot accept the idolatry of Vatican II, but he cannot bring himself to say the words "sede vacant"

Once you do it contextualizes everything. And you don't have to budge on one single truth about either the papacy or the Church's indefectibility. 
Except that you do. And you have.