FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Recommendation for Easter Mass in Dublin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A neighbor whose family attends a local NO church told me her family would be spending Easter in Dublin and asked me which church would be best for Mass.  Seeing as how I haven't been back since I was a kid, I wouldn't know, but a search for something reverent, at least, turned up St. Kevin's and Whitefriar Street Church.  The Cathedral (St. Mary's Pro-) would be worth a visit, but I'm not sure about the Mass though a NO sung Latin is listed.  Any Fishies out there with recent experience at Mass in Dublin Town?  Ta!
According to the Latin Mass Directory, there is a TLM at St. Kevin's, every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation at 10:30 AM.

(03-14-2019, 11:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]According to the Latin Mass Directory, there is a TLM at St. Kevin's, every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation at 10:30 AM.

Yeah, that did look like the best one, thanks.  Now he's asking for a pub!
Let me check with the C&SH. She was there just a few years ago.
I asked her, but jet lag got her in Dublin and she never made it to a pub. But, she said that if your friend goes to Galway, not to miss O'Connor's Pub there.

***ETA*** Oh, and she said to avoid the Temple Bar area in Dublin. It's full of pubs, but they're tourist traps with prices to match.
(03-14-2019, 11:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]According to the Latin Mass Directory, there is a TLM at St. Kevin's, every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation at 10:30 EIRCOMNET

Just to note  in addition for anyone visiting Kilkenny in the South east there is TLM every Sunday 5pm  St Patrick's Church ( opposite St Kieran's College).
(03-14-2019, 11:44 PM)Ambrosiano Wrote: [ -> ]A neighbor whose family attends a local NO church told me her family would be spending Easter in Dublin and asked me which church would be best for Mass.  Seeing as how I haven't been back since I was a kid, I wouldn't know, but a search for something reverent, at least, turned up St. Kevin's and Whitefriar Street Church.  The Cathedral (St. Mary's Pro-) would be worth a visit, but I'm not sure about the Mass though a NO sung Latin is listed.  Any Fishies out there with recent experience at Mass in Dublin Town?  Ta!

I went to Sunday mass at St. Kevin's in the summer. Highly recommended! 

If you want to go to Confession before the Mass, arrive early. There's a long queue.