FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Allows Jesus Clock In Historic Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
See it for yourself https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/austri...-in-church

How vile does one have to be to become a Catholic Bishop nowdays ?
Headline says "blasphemous", but this is not really blasphemy, but desacration or sacrilege. A blessed and holy image is being used for a profane purpose in a sacred place, nonetheless.

Quote:Erjautz supposedly saved a 150-year-old carved wooden corpus from destruction and ravaged it for a new purpose.

Not sure I'd call cutting off the arms and installing it upside down on a motorized clock-like structure is "saving from destruction", rather just a creative way of destroying.
But why upside down? I can follow some of the strange logic in desecrating a holy image for such a silly purpose, I just don't get why the corpus needs to be inverted?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(03-21-2019, 05:03 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]But why upside down? I can follow some of the strange logic in desecrating a holy image for such a silly purpose, I just don't get why the corpus needs to be inverted?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Satanism?
Yeah, I will admit my mind did go there.
That's vile. Who could even find something like that appealing?

Here I was thinking it was just a big version of something like this:
[Image: religious-jesus-clock_84997_zoom0.jpg]
I pictured exactly what GangGreen did. It’s not often that I get the chance to feel stupidly innocent optimistic, with my cynical personality. 

The actual clock is vile. It makes you sick just to look at a picture of it.
This is just horrible. Wow. It's like a clerical race to the bottom. "You think that was offensive? Watch this!"

Quote:A professed fan of modern art ...

Ah... That explains quite a bit.
This is another example of why modern art generally fails as art.  Art is a form of communication. Without being grounded in a tradition or some form of objectivity, it is like using words, while intending the words to signify something different than what they actually mean.  As has been mentioned, there is a serious issues with cutting up a crucifix for this purpose anyway.  The intended message, though, is not really objectionable.  But it is conveyed in a manner that conveys something anti-Christian instead (note, the corpus is not always upside down, it moves like a minute-hand...).

Here's a google translate of the explanation from the diocese website:

Quote:On the cross of Golgotha, where everything came to a standstill, where the wickedness and inscrutability of man at the true lover have failed, suddenly there is movement again. The wounded body turns. The static form of the wounded is thus not the last picture. The living Christ is God's dynamic presence in the history of humankind - a gathering point and energetic center, present in every human face.

https://www.dibk.at/Media/Organisationen...onal-Jesus

Of course, no one is going to see that image and receive that meaning (whatever one thinks of that message's mertis). The natural reaction is to see it as an attack on Christ, not in praise of Him. It seems "appreciation" of such art is usually just pretentious.
The clock is mortifying to look at. Honestly it comes across as satanic to me personally and I wouldn't want to be in the same room as it.
Pages: 1 2