FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Hand-kissing and Strangeness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is just -- bizarre. I just retweeted Steve Skojec who tweeted video of the Pope doing this. What I said to him about it: "Nasty. If he can't respect the office, he could at least have the decency to allow others to save face."

Here's some Bishop doing the same thing:

When I was looking for that video, I came across this: it seems that the Pope doesn't respect the Petrine office enough to allow others to kiss his hands -- but he has no problem kissing the hands of the Rothschilds and Rockefellers. WTF?
The man in the first video is no bishop, it’s a priest. Tadeusz Rydzyk is very famous or infamous in Poland (depends on who you ask). He’s basically Poland’s most famous televangelist.
(03-25-2019, 03:52 PM)Klemens Wrote: [ -> ]The man in the first video is no bishop, it’s a priest. Tadeusz Rydzyk is very famous or infamous in Poland (depends on who you ask). He’s basically Poland’s most famous televangelist.

Point remains. I just don't understand the willingness to embarrass people like that, the disrespect for one's office aside. It's ugly.
Boy, he doesn't like the hand kissing thing.  
Perhaps, since someone else says he is a televangelist, he is avoiding the perception of personal importance, saving the kissing for the bishop only.  If so, it should be handled before the people get up to him.
But I can see a few young-ish folks taking this as a personal challenge.

Whatever Pope Francis does is no surprise to me.
Kinda supports the rumors of his 'Illuminist' ties? Zionism is one of those links to the Illuminati. Some say Frank is an Illuminati plant, something I tend to lean towards too.

:comp:
(03-25-2019, 06:39 PM)MaryTN Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps, since someone else says he is a televangelist, he is avoiding the perception of personal importance, saving the kissing for the bishop only.  If so, it should be handled before the people get up to him.

Why would he reserve that for bishops only? And why would the Pope act like it some personal thing when someone goes to kiss his ring?

All this shows complete disrespect for Orders and the papacy, IMO. They don't want to see themselves as having a special role -- but they do. And it has nothing to do with their personalities, their selves, their fake-humble persons*; it's a Christ-given sacrament that they've received and we haven't. It's as if they're trying to do away with the concept of Holy Orders. 

* There's nothing humble about embarrassing people so you can come off as "not prideful." On a deep level, I think it's a truly vicious thing to do.
(03-25-2019, 07:16 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2019, 06:39 PM)MaryTN Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps, since someone else says he is a televangelist, he is avoiding the perception of personal importance, saving the kissing for the bishop only.  If so, it should be handled before the people get up to him.

Why would he reserve that for bishops only? And why would the Pope act like it some personal thing when someone goes to kiss his ring?

All this shows complete disrespect for Orders and the papacy, IMO. They don't want to see themselves as having a special role -- but they do. And it has nothing to do with their personalities, their selves, their fake-humble persons*; it's a Christ-given sacrament that they've received and we haven't. It's as if they're trying to do away with the concept of Holy Orders. 

* There's nothing humble about embarrassing people so you can come off as "not prideful." On a deep level, I think it's a truly vicious thing to do.
I don't speak Polish.  I suspect that, if the other poster is correct that he is a priest, not a bishop, there is more to the story than just "don't kiss my hand".  Perhaps hand kissing has a specific meaning in Poland??  A meaning that the priest cannot accept??
(03-25-2019, 08:25 PM)MaryTN Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps hand kissing has a specific meaning in Poland??  A meaning that the priest cannot accept??

That his hands have been consecrated to turn bread into God, and that he deserves respect for that?
Some hand-kissing is more equal than others.

[Image: D2imV8nVYAAS22S.jpg]
(03-25-2019, 11:09 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2019, 08:25 PM)MaryTN Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps hand kissing has a specific meaning in Poland??  A meaning that the priest cannot accept??

That his hands have been consecrated to turn bread into God, and that he deserves respect for that?

In the East, we kiss a Priest's hands frequently. After receiving a blessing, e.g.
Pages: 1 2