FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic Answers Forums - suspended for 4th time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is anyone on here a current or former member of Catholic Answers Forums (CAF) who has been suspended multiple times?

I'm on my 4th suspension.  Does it get to a point where they just kick you off?

The site mods don't want to hear the truth.  They are in complete denial that anything is amiss in the Church these days.  I've never gone over the top (in my opinion) with criticizing our current crop of leaders, but I just state the reality of the situation.  But they don't want to hear it.  However, there is plenty of leeway on the site to discuss supposed merits of homosexuality, liberal Scripture studies, etc.
Dude, save yourself. Stay here instead (the place could use some lively-ing up!). Better yet, bring people with you. If you can get back into CAF, PM the decent posters and bring them here. Save them as you save yourself :P

The thing is, though, that around here, we mostly agree on everything, so it can get stale. We could use with some different viewpoints as long as it doesn't go to dogma (and even there it'd be fine if a person merely has questions and is respectful, etc.)
Pretty much what Vox said; stay here.  I'm currently on a 1000 year suspension from CAF.  Honestly, at that point, it seems like you might as well ban me.  That place is touchier than Summer Camp McCarrick.
I made an account on there a couple of weeks ago, and within 4 days I already had been reported for "blasphemy." All I said was that communion in the hand and the overuse of EMHCs at the NO Mass can damage belief in the Real Presence by "cheapening the Eucharist to a mere symbol rather than what It actually is" in the perception of those who regularly attend these expressions of the NO.

Since then I've avoided posting there. I lurk occasionally, but a lot of the threads seem to revolve around questions that should be asked to a confessor, not a forum.
The life expectancy for a Traditional Catholic at CAF is pretty short. Even shorter if you post links to reputable sites that prove Francis really said things like many cohabiting couples are in real marriages, communists are closet Christians, or that he concelebrated with a homosexual activist, etc.
(03-28-2019, 04:36 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, though, that around here, we mostly agree on everything, so it can get stale.

I wouldn't say it's stale, but that could be because I'm still new

Edit: I will say that your main site has some incredible information. Especially your section on Judaism, that has been particularly eye-opening.
CAF: the S--thole of Catholic forums.

A good place for Luca Brandolini to cry a river with all his modernist buddies.

[Image: 55482060_2187200561318059_86764996149012...e=5D16D080]
Thanks to all for the replies! I knew I wasn't alone, but it's good to hear the stories of others who've been suspended or just given up.

The funny thing is, about 6 months after I signed up for CAF, I gained access to "the lounge," which is apparently a secret forum area for folks who have a good reputation on there based on replies, threads started, "likes," etc. Shortly after, I was suspended for asserting that there were still "plenty of un-caught McCarricks" within the ranks of the clergy.

My biggest frustration on there is arguing with liberal (modernist) biblical folks. Like the one post where I went back and forth forever with a member who claimed that the massacre of the Holy Innocents never actually happened, but that the passage was somehow "still true" despite never actually occurring in history. - head smack -
(03-28-2019, 04:21 AM)LionHippo Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone on here a current or former member of Catholic Answers Forums (CAF) who has been suspended multiple times?

https://forums.catholic.com/u/josh987654321/summary

I got lots of infractions and then I got temporarily suspended and then I said if they are going to suspend me again to ban me instead and then later on I got suspended indefinitely lol. I'm fine with it though since I gladly stand by what I've said on there.

(03-28-2019, 04:21 AM)LionHippo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on my 4th suspension.  Does it get to a point where they just kick you off?

Don't know, I thought the temporary suspension wasn't justified and so that's why I basically said if they want to side against me and don't feel I should be here then just ban me.

(03-28-2019, 04:21 AM)LionHippo Wrote: [ -> ]The site mods don't want to hear the truth.  They are in complete denial that anything is amiss in the Church these days.

Yup.

(03-28-2019, 04:21 AM)LionHippo Wrote: [ -> ]I've never gone over the top (in my opinion) with criticizing our current crop of leaders, but I just state the reality of the situation.  But they don't want to hear it.  However, there is plenty of leeway on the site to discuss supposed merits of homosexuality, liberal Scripture studies, etc.

lol Yup.

I got the feeling that I was entering the forums handicapped, as it felt like heretics had free reign but we we're closely watched. It never used to be that bad, it slowly got worse over time such as when they changed onto their new forums which even has a rainbow flag and same sex couples emoji's etc on it. lol

There are some fantastic posters however who we're on there and probably still are, but the odds are stacked against them unfortunately.

I have not been here too long, but long enough to find this site to be a fantastic forum for fellow Catholics to learn and speak their minds. Hope to see some more CAF refugees. :)

God Bless You
I left that place. Two times I saw them erase posts that did not fit their narrative. One time someone really kicked their butt on something - read it and then went back later and it was gone.

If you read the history of threads there you have no idea what's been erased.

Yes - they want you to think the NO Mass is the best ever. Patrick Coffin left there to do his own thing. But I have lost a lot of confidence in the other guys that stay there, guys I used to consider good resources.

It's a tool of the institution now.
Pages: 1 2