FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How do I forgive my persecutors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says. I prayed this morning a decade of my rosary asking for Our Lady’s prayers that, as Our Lord forgave His executioners, I may forgive those who injure and persecute me. I’m looking to take action on this intention. Can anyone recommend a spiritual resource on this topic?
(03-29-2019, 07:42 AM)Bryan M. M. Reynolds Wrote: [ -> ]As the title says. I prayed this morning a decade of my rosary asking for Our Lady’s prayers that, as Our Lord forgave His executioners, I may forgive those who injure and persecute me. I’m looking to take action on this intention. Can anyone recommend a spiritual resource on this topic?

Read up on the lives of the saints. The examples of others who often bore and forgave persecutions most of us can’t imagine should be a great source of inspiration for you.
Maybe focusing on Christ's mercy toward you can help you develop mercy for the people making your life Hellish, and that can help lead to forgiveness.
(03-29-2019, 04:07 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe focusing on Christ's mercy toward you can help you develop mercy for the people making your life Hellish, and that can help lead to forgiveness.
Yes, I agree. Maybe start up a devotion to the Divine Mercy or Sacred Heart? What always helps me when it comes to charity is to remember the weight of the sins on that person which is causing them to be miserable. Never forget to empathize with others who are relentlessly cast about by sin and temptation. Remember that we're on a battlefield, so we need to have mercy and love for our wounded brethren.