FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Dumbest Anti-Catholic nonsense you've seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's the dumbest anti-catholic nonsense you've come across online or elsewhere?

For me, it has to be the incredibly stupid Jesuit nonsense, where the Jesuits are literally blamed for everything from major wars, 9/11, and the holocaust. The worst of those who promote it are people like Eric Jon Phelps (who wrote the book "Vatican Assassins") and Thomas Richards (AKA YouTube user "tlthe5th). The latter promotes the fraud Alberto Rivera (who claimed the church invented Islam) and labels those who debunk Rivera to be Jesuit agents or something else derogatory. A Non-Catholic named Gary Dale Cearley actually wrote a book debunking Rivera and Richards claims the author is a "Vatican Shill."

Here are two blog posts by Cearley showing how insane Richards is. Check out the comments section as well.

https://thoushaltnotbearfalsewitness.wor...ly-stupid/

https://thoushaltnotbearfalsewitness.wor...amos-ship/
I would probably have to say the Jack Chick Tracts are the most nauseating.
(04-04-2019, 02:06 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: [ -> ]I would probably have to say the Jack Chick Tracts are the most nauseating.

Rivera was also promoted by Jack Chick. He wrote all the tracts concerning Rivera's supposed life and the "expose" that the Church created Islam.
The Awful Disclosures of Maria Monk, or, The Hidden Secrets of a Nun’s Life in a Convent Exposed (1836) . When I read it, it was being published in Boer South Africa since the extreme Calvinists there hated the Church, and no one in the US would publish it. It was distributed by the equally Calvinist, anti-Catholic Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America.
Francis has said a few big ones...
(04-04-2019, 02:06 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: [ -> ]I would probably have to say the Jack Chick Tracts are the most nauseating.

I used to get those stuck on my windshield at Kroger (grocery store).  Never saw the guy and only done when we went to the store after dark.
I was also handed one at a Kindergarten birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese a few years ago.  The Grandpa thought it was appropriate.....I still have it -  look at it every once in a while and chuckle.
I used to coach softball.  Had a Catholic player who went to an expensive, exclusive private religious school in town.  If you were Protestant, this was the school you dreamed of sending your kids to.
My Catholic player was ridiculed in the classroom, by a teacher, for being Catholic.  The teacher told the classroom that Catholics were cannibals.  Mom talked to the principal and the teacher apologized if the family was offended by what she said.  She never corrected her statements to the classroom full of kids
I dabbled in Protestantism. They knew I was Catholic and it mostly went well.   Went to a weekend thing.  Men went one weekend, women went another.  They wanted us to write down our sins and literally nail them onto a cross they had laying on the floor.  I stayed quiet and respectful but I did not participate in this particular activity.   So, some of the ladies decided to lay hands on me and pray for me.
A guy friend of mine went to the men's weekend of the above.  After spending a nice weekend of male bonding/caring and sharing, each man was asked to say a few words about how the weekend had impacted his relationship with Jesus.   My friend was waiting to speak when the guy next to him, the guy he had been caring and sharing with all weekend, asked him if he could do this last activity since my friend is Catholic and worships statues.
Mentioning that I eat morcilla around a prot has gotten me accused of eating blood offered to the baals. So much for Matthew 15 and Acts 10, I suppose.
(04-04-2019, 09:15 PM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]Mentioning that I eat morcilla around a prot has gotten me accused of eating blood offered to the baals. So much for Matthew 15 and Acts 10, I suppose.
You have to love how Protestants try to supplement their lack of a coherent tradition with Old Testament practices that were explicitly done away with in the New Testament.
Pages: 1 2 3