FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is there a dress code for Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m at work wearing jeans.  I was going to go to Exposition at lunch.
Any problem?
Not the ideal wardrobe for Exposition, but I'm not sure it's wrong, situation depending.  Did you intend to go to Exposition but forgot a change of clothes, or won't have time to change?  Does work require jeans or other less than formal wear?  Ideally, could you change after work then go?
(04-08-2019, 08:55 AM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]Not the ideal wardrobe for Exposition, but I'm not sure it's wrong, situation depending.  Did you intend to go to Exposition but forgot a change of clothes, or won't have time to change?  Does work require jeans or other less than formal wear?  Ideally, could you change after work then go?

No, I can only go this afternoon.  Very narrow window to go.
No way I can get home to change in time.
(04-08-2019, 08:55 AM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]Not the ideal wardrobe for Exposition, but I'm not sure it's wrong, situation depending.  Did you intend to go to Exposition but forgot a change of clothes, or won't have time to change?  Does work require jeans or other less than formal wear?  Ideally, could you change after work then go?

We’re allowed jeans at work.
I wasn’t sure about whether I could go this morning.
I have to stop at the Church regardless because I’ve left some personal belongings.
Exposition happens to be on Monday afternoons, so I thought I’d pray before the Sacrament while there .
(04-08-2019, 09:36 AM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]

We’re allowed jeans at work.
I wasn’t sure about whether I could go this morning.
I have to stop at the Church regardless because I’ve left some personal belongings.
Exposition happens to be on Monday afternoons, so I thought I’d pray before the Sacrament while there .

Ask yourself this... would the Lord be more concerned that you are spending time with Him during your lunch break or that you're wearing jeans? I mean, come on, they're jeans not like you're walking into church half naked. The Lord isn't going to condemn you for wearing denim rather than cotton or even better cotton that's blue colored rather than tan, navy, or black into a church. I get dressing up for Mass when you're planning on going and especially on Sunday, but if you're dropping in during a weekday then there's no reason why casual attire would be frowned upon unless it's immodest.
What GangGreen said!
If this is helpful....
I sometimes go to noon Mass downtown, near hospitals, universities, etc.
People come in all manner of work clothes.  What matters is that they go to Mass, I doubt God cares whether they come in their scrubs or jeans.