FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Update: here are the comments that got me suspended from CAF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-09-2019, 09:32 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2019, 04:08 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]CAF is really toxic. I don’t see the point in going there, except perhaps to lead people here. They demonstrated to me years ago that they’re not interested in having a constructive conversation about anything.

To my surprise there are a couple really good ones still there, but your right, heaps of very toxic ones also.

If it were not for Francis and the flagrant heretics in the hierarchy of the Church CAF would probably be okay, but they see the hierarchy with rose colored glasses on, only a matter of time before they start making concessions and compromise on the truth if they havn't already in many regards, they certainly suspend and ban people telling the truth about flagrant heretics in the hierarchy of the Church and I suspect they will get worse, hopefully the really good posters there can find their way here. :)

God Bless You

Pre-Francis CAF still had serious problems. Francis, just as in many other situations, has proven most useful in bringing people’s true colors into the light. I try not to think of CAF much, but here is what I remember: 

The resident “Franciscan” would pontificate on all sorts of things like he was the only one who really knew, and because he was a religious no one was allowed to question him.

The moderators would arbitrarily decide that there had been enough discussion on a topic and shut down threads, even though there was clearly more to be said and the junk threads in the section for people with too much time on their hands would be far longer.

Many people on CAF confused orthodox Catholicism with American conservatism. As conservative as I am, I know that having that political view on areas that aren’t moral matters is not a requirement to being a good Catholic. There are many areas in secular affairs where good Catholics can disagree.

The Eastern Catholics on the forum got quite annoying in constantly reminding everyone how things had been done forever in the East and how they were so much better than the Roman Rite.

Then there was the small but loud group who seemed to regard homosexuality as the one sin the cross didn’t cover. One poster actually said that. Someone I know had their faith severely damaged by that crowd’s behavior, and the moderators let them be, without correction or anything, for years.

I do not miss CAF. Even their better days dont seem so good now, when I really think about them. They definitely got a lot worse after Francis, and I’m sure they’ll eventually fade into irrelevance just like EWTN. Other than having a lot of active members, which gave opportunities for lengthy, fast discussions on the Faith so long as the moderators and trolls didn’t close or wreck the threads, CAF was never much of an asset to me.
I'd say to anyone thinking of becoming a member at CAF, just do it and then post some reliable links to stories about Francis and Emma Bonino, or Francis concelebrating with Michele De Paolis, or Francis' mentor Esther Ballestrino de Careaga, or Francis' comments about communists being closet Christians, or how he wasn't offended by the communist crucifix he received in Bolivia,or Francis' comments that many couples living togather are in sacramental marriages, or Blase Cupich's comments about practicing homosexuals receiving communion, or the Valentine blessings for homosexual couples in Linz Austria, or a hundred other similar statements that can all be confirmed, then come back here and tell us how it went.
(04-10-2019, 01:58 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say to anyone thinking of becoming a member at CAF, just do it and then post some reliable links to stories about Francis and Emma Bonino, or Francis concelebrating with Michele De Paolis, or Francis' mentor Esther Ballestrino de Careaga, or Francis' comments about communists being closet Christians, or how he wasn't offended by the communist crucifix he received in Bolivia,or Francis' comments that many couples living togather are in sacramental marriages, or Blase Cupich's comments about practicing homosexuals receiving communion, or the Valentine blessings for homosexual couples in Linz Austria, or a hundred other similar statements that can all be confirmed, then come back here and tell us how it went.
But that wouldn't be very pastoral...
Never been on CAF, have listened to Catholic Answers Live thought. 

Bunch of smarmy twerps. 

Mother Angelica had the Grace. What sold me on her was a call she got from a Black Southern girl. I don't remember the context of the call or the answer, only the way Mother Angelica handled it. 

It was angelic. 

When the girl asked her question Mother Angelica only hesitated a half a moment then answered in probably only 20 words, but those words were like they were from heaven. They were exactly the right words with exactly the right demeanor everything exactly correct. Everything. That women, Mother Angelica, going into a coma when she did and dying when she did should sent some kind of message to EWTN to knock it off. 

Straighten up & fly right y'all.
Catholic Answer, make a not Catholic belief more wide-spread.
(07-08-2019, 10:33 PM)LionHippo Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that stinks about being banned is that I never got to incorporate some special words and phrases I had always wanted to use, like:  Guitar Mass Catholics, DisneyChurch, the bishops were crying so much their mascara was running, EMHC hen fest, Francis and his holy migrants, RainbowChurch, these hymns sound like they were written at a gay summer camp, etc.  Oh well.

Those lines rock!  You should set up a whole new persona over at CAF and see how many you can cram into your posts before getting banned!!!   :D
The most ironic thing I ever saw on CAF was the time a guy who claimed to be a priest (I'm not saying he wasn't, just don't really know) and  a former assistant to either Schonborn or Kasper (can't remember which) said he personally knew Bishop McElroy of San Diego, and that since Catholic Answers claim they operate with the permission of the Diocese of San Diego, he would ask McElroy to shutdown the forum because it was being used to promote opposition and disrespect for Pope Francis.
It is a strange atmosphere, and I finally realized it is a WRONG atmosphere. The moderators for the most part (or the whole part?) are "mystery persons"*, hiding behind anonymous covers and they (at least in most cases, though I cannot think of an exception) do not write posts in the forum under their moderator name, so you have no clue where they stand on anything.

I also feel certain they have some members who are daily posters who take it upon themselves to vigilantly police their peers according to their own belief system. They are trusted by the moderators, so, as SOON as they report your post, you are out (or warned, infarcted or suspended). I could name at least one such CAF member but I won't here.  And if you are in a thread one of these informers is has posted in, and he has already decided you must be closely watched, there is no chance you can express a thought that goes against his sensibilities without having it immediately removed and/or the thread closed.

CAF is HIGHLY CENSORED, it's that plain and simple.

In the old format, which I found easier to navigate, I also noticed something else. They have an imposter who posts fake dilemmas - whom I believe may be moderators or the person in charge of the site. These dilemmas are some form of this: "I am a practicing Catholic, but the Church rules [unreasonably harsh is implied here] about contraception or some other thing have me in totally IMPOSSIBLE situation, like, we MUST contracept because it would be IMPOSSIBLE in my wife's extremely rare condition to get pregnant or she would DIE. What can I do?"

The answers to this "dilemma" goes on for pages and pages!  Tons of people spend time explaining how to still be faithful to the church to solve his dilemma, and tons more argue with them. If asked for clarification, the OP has even more reasons why his unique situation makes the Catholic teaching IMPOSSIBLE for him.

So these would be popular posts. Then I started to realize I never heard of anything like this in real life, or anywhere else online, only on CAF, where it was a constant issue. As soon as the thread died down, a new similar situation would be posted. Another unusual story!  But I saw a pattern to the screen names and a common way of the OP's way of "speaking" that made me know it was the same person. At one point I kept a list of the commonality in speech patterns so i could prove it to someone. Then I did not seem likely any connected to CAF would care, since the issue probably came from some moderator or who ran the forum. And probably the CA site is run by a like-minded person who follows the ways of our bishops. I called them out on it in a post in one of these threads one time, and the "Catholic Dilemma" posts slowed down temporarily, but then they started up again.

Problems and injustices at CAF bothered me for far too long, and I realized: it's because of their site name. Catholic.com. It's like being kicked off by the official site of Catholics.

The lack of transparency at CAF mimics that of bishops. They mimic that sense of entitlement the bishops have to act unjustly, while not owing anyone an explanation for any action, because they are the higher ups, and you are to lowly and don't count. Their actions are not to be questioned.

They mimic our hierarchy also in that if they decide to label you "Traditional Catholic", then now you don't matter.

So why even try? CAF only works for you if you get very angry at any poster who dares questions anything that comes out of Vatican II, or dares question ANY action of any bishop or cardinal, and you jump to give them a talking to about how they are the scourge of the Church! And don't dare question any words of the pope! They are the leaders and we are to follow silently. No opinions please! That will bring you happy sunshine on CAF. 

Also it's a bonus if you can report that you have the USCCB app on your iPhone, and that you follow the USCCB on Facebook -- then you will surely be BFF with the mods and you probably won't every have to worry about any monitoring by the moderators (provided you continue to toe that line).

They just aren't worth it.
* I want to say also that in the old CAF format, before they went black, and possibly also on the new Black CAF (though I haven't't followed as much now that it is Black) I am confident that MOST of those moderators were the SAME PERSON. I felt there were two moderators at most, and that most of them were one and the same guy. MOST have the SAME attitude and the same writing style and "voice". I kept track of some examples of that for awhile, but in the end, I realized they are who they are and nothing I say is going to change it.
(07-10-2019, 04:13 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]In the old format, which I found easier to navigate, I also noticed something else. They have an imposter who posts fake dilemmas - whom I believe may be moderators or the person in charge of the site. These dilemmas are some form of this: "I am a practicing Catholic, but the Church rules [unreasonably harsh is implied here] about contraception or some other thing have me in totally IMPOSSIBLE situation, like, we MUST contracept because it would be IMPOSSIBLE in my wife's extremely rare condition to get pregnant or she would DIE. What can I do?"

The answers to this "dilemma" goes on for pages and pages!  Tons of people spend time explaining how to still be faithful to the church to solve his dilemma, and tons more argue with them. If asked for clarification, the OP has even more reasons why his unique situation makes the Catholic teaching IMPOSSIBLE for him.

Don't even speak about these "dilemmas" they're always present there, and one month or two after they get locked by the timer someone will bring them up with a different title... :dodgy:
And about them using the word Catholic, why don't you or anyone else do the same thing some there love to remeber whenever Michael Voris has his name mentioned, and ask the diocese or whoever is in charge of such actions to remove their "ability" of using the word Catholic?
(07-10-2019, 04:34 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2019, 04:13 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]In the old format, which I found easier to navigate, I also noticed something else. They have an imposter who posts fake dilemmas - whom I believe may be moderators or the person in charge of the site. These dilemmas are some form of this: "I am a practicing Catholic, but the Church rules [unreasonably harsh is implied here] about contraception or some other thing have me in totally IMPOSSIBLE situation, like, we MUST contracept because it would be IMPOSSIBLE in my wife's extremely rare condition to get pregnant or she would DIE. What can I do?"

Don't even speak about these "dilemmas" they're always present there, and one month or two after they get locked by the timer someone will bring them up with a different title... :dodgy:
And about them using the word Catholic, why don't you or anyone else do the same thing some there love to remember whenever Michael Voris has his name mentioned, and ask the diocese or whoever is in charge of such actions to remove their "ability" of using the word Catholic?

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed the constant stream of unusual "dilemmas" where the bottom line is ALWAYS "Catholic teaching is too harsh!". I began to realize it was too out-of-this-world, and something was up.

Yes, it is always a-okay to write a post suspecting Michael Voris on account of the fact that his local bishop on't allow him to use the word "Catholic". Can't be anything wrong with any bishop's pronouncement! And you better not question his bishop, or you would get kicked off.
Pages: 1 2 3