FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Update: here are the comments that got me suspended from CAF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At CAF they're hyper sensative about any criticism of the acting Pope, liberal Bishops, the Novus Ordo, ecumenism, Judaism, Islam, and probably several other topics I can't think of at the moment. Post a newslink, to what they would otherwise consider a reliable source to confirm a story that Francis said communists are closet Christians, or Cupich believes practicing homosexuals can receive communion, or Cardinal Burke want's to have a consecration of Russia, and you're just asking for trouble with the moderators. Yet it was completely acceptable for people to post on the Traditional forum on the old site, things like "They tried the Latin Mass at a parish in my diocese, but so few people came to it, the Bishop discontinued it, I much prefer mass in the vernacular anyway", or one of their resident celebrities with his "You don't realise how much you miss out on when you don't attend your local parish", and of course "Do you really think God is more impressed by the mass in Latin". That particular subforum just became a place where people could go to insult a Traditional Catholic.
(07-10-2019, 07:07 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]At CAF they're hyper sensative about any criticism of the acting Pope, liberal Bishops, the Novus Ordo, ecumenism, Judaism, Islam, and probably several other topics I can't think of at the moment. Post a newslink, to what they would otherwise consider a reliable source to confirm a story that Francis said communists are closet Christians, or Cupich believes practicing homosexuals can receive communion, or Cardinal Burke want's to have a consecration of Russia, and you're just asking for trouble with the moderators. Yet it was completely acceptable for people to post on the Traditional forum on the old site, things like "They tried the Latin Mass at a parish in my diocese, but so few people came to it, the Bishop discontinued it, I much prefer mass in the vernacular anyway", or one of their resident celebrities with his "You don't realise how much you miss out on when you don't attend your local parish", and of course "Do you really think God is more impressed by the mass in Latin". That particular subforum just became a place where people could go to insult a Traditional Catholic.

I got that impression even with spending little time on that subforum. A place where posters can insult Traditional Catholics with impunity.
They have a customer service line you can call every weekday to help them find out what's wrong with their products. It'd be fun to listen to CA callers call in to ask about their forum. :D
And just to reignite this fire, here we have another example of the good and old CAF respect for "fellow Catholics legitimate preferences".

https://forums.catholic.com/t/sspx-resistance/561097

What would happen if I used some of the "appropriate" terms used there to describe heresies and false religions?
:censored:
CAF runs rampant with modernism, a false sense of Catholic social teaching, an erroneous concept of primacy of conscience, complete confusion in regards to permissible sexual acts, and the skeptical secular view that Scripture is limited in its inerrancy. Then above all that, the modernists (just like the "left" in America) are the most aggressive attackers and haters of tradition, while claiming to be the tolerant and true Catholics.
Don't ever use those very bad CAF Cry Closet words, "People go to hell" on the CAF Forum. You'll be suspended in less than 2 seconds.
Funny thing is, while reading St. Louis de Montfort's treatise on the true devotion to the Blessed Virgin I recalled my first moderation there.
In one of the most useless topics, "favorite popes or best popes", I said that St. Pius V was my favorite and mentioned that one of his greatest feats was to defend Catholic Europe from the mahomedan invasion in Lepanto. Guess what happens?
Not just the post was removed, but the moderator felt appropriate to message me showing what was wrong in my post, in bold by the way, and link me to their gigantic set of rules.
I wonder what would happen if I went back there and started to quote St. Louis and his "innapropriate" and "unrespectable" little book. :dodgy:

I don't know if my PC and other gadgets have all changed my preferences and are simply dismissing CAF, but I noticed that their forum no longer appears at the top of Google search, for whenever I searched for something Catholic their forum's pages would be the first results.
Pages: 1 2 3