FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 666 Pope Francis The Antichrist: A Catholic Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am hoping that some here might find my take on this issue to be interesting or helpful. If I am correct about what it is going on, it is my position it actually validates the truth of Catholicism. I speculate on the possibility beginning with Scripture, then moving on to some prophecies of Saints, apparitions, calculating the number of his name using gematria, and general exhortation to "pray hope and don't worry" (not intended to be a message of fear)

00:00 - Intro
2:24 - Revelation 17 & 18 discourse
27:00 - Isaiah 47 discourse
43:00 - Revelation 13 discourse
48:40 - Rev. 13 continued / (John Paul II & the mortal wound)
52:30 - St. Malachy's prophecy of the popes
56:15 - St. Francis' prophecy of the final pope
1:00:00 - Hegel: false prophet of the new world order
1:04:30 - St. Padre Pio prophecy of a false church
1:06:30 - Third secret of Fatima
1:09:39 - 666 gematria caesar nero : king francis
1:15:45 - [Babylon the great] is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
1:17:07 - Now What? general exhortation
1:26:05 - Summary

Isn't the antichrist supposed to be a Jew and the Jews proclaim him as the "true" messiah? As much as we disagree with the Holy Father, I wouldn't say he fits the bill as antichrist.
(04-17-2019, 05:26 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the antichrist supposed to be a Jew and the Jews proclaim him as the "true" messiah? As much as we disagree with the Holy Father, I wouldn't say he fits the bill as antichrist.

We're not Protestants with their premillenial hysteria.  The Bible actually says very little about the antichrist, and says nothing about his ethnicity.  It is reasonable that the antichrist would be a Jew because it is extremely unlikely the Jews would accept a gentile as their messiah.  But there is nothing outside of private revelation (i.e., not reliably divine) that requires him to be a Jew.
(04-17-2019, 05:26 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the antichrist supposed to be a Jew and the Jews proclaim him as the "true" messiah? As much as we disagree with the Holy Father, I wouldn't say he fits the bill as antichrist.

It seems the Fathers and Saints seem to have mixed opinion, divided on this question.

Do we interpret the temple where antichrist exalts himself to be the old testament Jewish temple, or the Church of God? While this may be a traditional view, considering the apostasy of our own Church, it is my position it would be prudent to humble ourselves and consider this nightmare scenario also.

I also wouldn't put it past Francis to "solve" a problem in the middle east with the nation of Israel, since they do all point missiles at one another-- maybe they will proclaim him a messiah, too, quite literally?