FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Joy of Twitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is what we're up against:

[Image: twittermadness2.png]

[Image: twittermadness.png]
*sigh*

Sad how quickly that escalated into name calling and trad-bashing. That gets old.

Also, I didn’t realize “adulting” was a word.
This is sad.

Lisa went looking to start trouble. She had a loaded question new exactly what she wanted to do. 

John is just bitter. Nothing that could be said could get through to him. He already has the bigoted stereotype cemented in his mind that "trads" are pompous, self-righteous asses. I have seen it before.
I don't get why "hey, come share with me all this great stuff I found" gets translated in some minds as "I'm better than you."
Love thy neighbor comes to mind. Sorry you had to go through that Vox.

I've grown up in the Norvos Ordo and I never knew there was a divide like this amongst some folks and in the same religion no less.
(04-18-2019, 10:10 AM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why "hey, come share with me all this great stuff I found" gets translated in some minds as "I'm better than you."
Pride. They're fixed in the mindset that their point of view is the truth and anything which contradicts it is misconstrued to be arrogant.

I've been there. I would fluctuate from the mindset where I looked at the Mass purely from the perspective of the validity of the Eucharist and everything else being accidental. All it took was having to attend a protestantized NO to kill that mindset.
(04-18-2019, 10:10 AM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why "hey, come share with me all this great stuff I found" gets translated in some minds as "I'm better than you."

I don't know. 

Maybe some of this is just them being set in their ways. They have committed so much of their life to this, that they need to attack anyone who questions this.  This is really easy to do for people who reaffirm even basic religious truths, just skewer them as being proud, self satisfied and superior.
Catholics against Catholics. This is just sad. The fringe trads (not the average poster on here, keep in mind) alienate people with their toxicity. Meanwhile, some of the Catholics who only know the OF (or the "I used to attend the Latin Mass and got nothing out of it" crowd) think we're a bunch of Pharisees who are holier than the Pope.

And Satan laughs because he has succeeded in pitting us against each other instead of us working together to build up the Body of Christ.