FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Good Friday for kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question for families with little ones 5 and under: how do you celebrate Good Friday with them? Specifically, how do you keep the appropriate somber mood with a little one, while keeping them entertained? We try to explain to the young'uns that Jesus died today, so we should be quiet, and we'll read their Children's Bible to them, maybe watch "My Time With Jesus" reruns. Plus it seems to help that they pick up on our overall tone during the day (somber, prayer).

Just wondering what others do.
I'm open to ideas. I have a toddler and a 8 month old, and this is my first good Friday as a Catholic. I guess I'm going to find some Bible cartoons to watch with them, I don't know about keeping them quiet though lol.
(04-19-2019, 08:22 AM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm open to ideas. I have a toddler and a 8 month old, and this is my first good Friday as a Catholic. I guess I'm going to find some Bible cartoons to watch with them, I don't know about keeping them quiet though lol.

We gave up on quiet with the first two, who're now 17 and 14. The last two, especially the girl, were easy to keep calm and quiet. Partially because they were more mellow, and partially because they seemed to follow their older siblings' lead.