FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is there any restriction on buying things on Good Friday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just bought some coffees.
I think this is fine.
Am I right?
I can't find anything against buying goods, just fast and abstinence today.

Otherwise I'm in trouble too since I scheduled an oil change today
I just bought some bulk bullets for reloading.  As I'm not working today, happened to stop into my local reloading store, and for the first time in over a year, the bullets I've been looking for were there, so, I bought them.  I'm hoping that's ok.
(04-19-2019, 12:25 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought some bulk bullets for reloading.  As I'm not working today, happened to stop into my local reloading store, and for the first time in over a year, the bullets I've been looking for were there, so, I bought them.  I'm hoping that's ok.

It's OK as long as you share the wealth with other forum members. Sticking tongue out at you
(04-19-2019, 01:05 PM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]It's OK as long as you share the wealth with other forum members. Sticking tongue out at you

As they say... Molon Labe...  Wink
(04-19-2019, 01:43 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2019, 01:05 PM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]It's OK as long as you share the wealth with other forum members. Sticking tongue out at you

As they say... Molon Labe...  Wink

Dude, we’re Roman Catholic. Latin Rite, that is. Didn’t you mean “Et ut venit ad eos”? Sticking tongue out at you
I hope not.  Just got back from Sams Club.  But I did skip the samples.
I say this in all charity: I would recommend, in the future, for people to refrain from giving a detailed answer to FultonFan when he asks these sorts of questions. This isn't meant to be disrespectful, but I was once scrupulous myself, and I can tell you that it will never completely help him to have his itch scratched when he begins to itch, so to speak. What broke my cycle of anxiety and relief was ultimately the mercy of God coupled with letting myself experience the anxiety and not immediately seeking a neutralizing response. 

FultonFan, you aren't going to get rid of these feelings unless you sit with them for a while. I know it's counter-intuitive, but you have to. Tell a priest what you're struggling with and follow his every word closely. Don't run to us for consolations and don't run to the Confessional for what amounts to psychological counselling. What you're confessing likely isn't a sin, and even if it is, you need to simply trust God. I would recommend Confession once a month and only sooner if you have definite mortal sins (as in, you don't need to ask us because you already know).

If you continue to ask, you won't break the OCD cycle you're currently in. I'm not saying you should never ask us things, but you should make sure that you're asking because you have a sincere desire to know, and not because you have anxiety gnawing at you on the inside because you're unsure.

I hope this is helpful. I don't mean to be too firm. I just know where you're at because I've been there, and I can tell you it gets better, but you have to let yourself feel those uncomfortable feelings instead of getting rid of them as soon as they come up. You have to let your brain see that the anxiety is irrational and overblown. This trains the brain to see the irrationality of things in the future, which heals it over time. 

God bless, FultonFan. I hope you find relief.