FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Attire for Easter Vigil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually just wear a white shirt, tie, and slacks but my son is getting baptized this Easter Vigil and I wan't to dress up a bit.  Is a black suit too somber for the occasion?  That's pretty much all I have as far as suits go. 

Or maybe just go with a white or colored shirt with a tie?

Thanks.
I typically wear a grey suit ( only suit I own) for the major holy days. Black should be fine, I've seen people wear black suits to Easter.
Black should be ok for the occasion. Jazz it up with a bright tie. And congratulations on the baptism! Smile
I'm not aware of any restrictions as far clothing colors go for any Mass.  I have known some men who like to wear a shirt that is the color of the liturgical season.  Under the current rubrics, that is white for the Easter season.  I wouldn't recommend going with an all-white suit.  Wearing an all-white suit to the Easter Vigil would probably leave many people wondering if you're going to hand them Jack Chick tracts.  Wink   The only people that I've ever seen wear a white suit are Protestant televangelists.  So, I think you're fine with what you have available. A white tie would be a nice touch, though.   Smile
(04-19-2019, 11:56 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not aware of any restrictions as far clothing colors go for any Mass.  I have known some men who like to wear a shirt that is the color of the liturgical season.  Under the current rubrics, that is white for the Easter season.  I wouldn't recommend going with an all-white suit.  Wearing an all-white suit to the Easter Vigil would probably leave many people wondering if you're going to hand them Jack Chick tracts.  Wink   The only people that I've ever seen wear a white suit are Protestant televangelists.  So, I think you're fine with what you have available.  A white tie would be a nice touch, though.   Smile

all white suit too reminiscent of Col. Sanders as well  Big Grin
Thanks for all the advice. I'm going with the suit and got a lighter colored tie to brighten things up.

Cheers and God Bless.
(04-19-2019, 01:11 PM)Roamin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2019, 11:56 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not aware of any restrictions as far clothing colors go for any Mass.  I have known some men who like to wear a shirt that is the color of the liturgical season.  Under the current rubrics, that is white for the Easter season.  I wouldn't recommend going with an all-white suit.  Wearing an all-white suit to the Easter Vigil would probably leave many people wondering if you're going to hand them Jack Chick tracts.  Wink   The only people that I've ever seen wear a white suit are Protestant televangelists.  So, I think you're fine with what you have available.  A white tie would be a nice touch, though.   Smile

all white suit too reminiscent of Col. Sanders as well  Big Grin

If you're against wearing an all white suit, is it because you're a little chicken?  Sticking tongue out at you
(04-19-2019, 11:56 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: [ -> ]The only people that I've ever seen wear a white suit are Protestant televangelists.  
I'd be afraid that something like this would break out!LOL