FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Stations of the Cross from the Colosseum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm watching EWTN stations of the cross... up to the 11th station, and every single one has been about migrants, human trafficking, social injustices, economic inequality ... not one word of Jesus'sacrifice for our sins... not one... flipping the channel back to Passion of the Christ instead
(04-19-2019, 10:26 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: [ -> ]I'm watching EWTN stations of the cross... up to the 11th station, and every single one has been about migrants, human trafficking, social injustices, economic inequality ... not one word of Jesus'sacrifice for our sins... not one... flipping the channel back to Passion of the Christ instead

Bizarre...if Mother Angelica were still on Earth and still in charge of the network, I'm sure it would be different.
(04-20-2019, 12:23 AM)In His Love Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2019, 10:26 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: [ -> ]I'm watching EWTN stations of the cross... up to the 11th station, and every single one has been about migrants, human trafficking, social injustices, economic inequality ... not one word of Jesus'sacrifice for our sins... not one... flipping the channel back to Passion of the Christ instead

Bizarre...if Mother Angelica were still on Earth and still in charge of the network, I'm sure it would be different.

No no she is talking about the official Stations of the Cross from ROME. Although yes, Mother Angelica was much more Catholic than the Pope
Ah, I see...that makes more sense. The Stations I've seen on EWTN were very Christocentric and Mother Angelica's meditations were used for one of them in particular.
“I Will Not Participate at Francis’ Way of the Cross” – Marco Tosatti

From Gloria.tv

The Way of the Cross which Pope Francis will celebrate April 19 at the Roman Coliseum is “a commercial for the immigration business,” the senior Italian Vaticanista Marco Tosatti writes on his blog (April 19).

The text was written by Sister Eugenia Bonetti who is working with women victims of trafficking.

Tosatti calls her text “ideological” and “political" but "of very low politics”, and promoting the very evil - human trafficking - which she pretends to fight.

"For the first time in many years, I will not participate in this Way of the Cross, not even through TV," Tosatti adds.