FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Favorite Catholic Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone had any favorite catholic Books besides the Good Book?
Right now I am reading A Handbook of catholic Sacramentals by Ann Ball
My absolute favorite is the Imitation of Christ, but I also like the Sunday Sermons of St. Alphonsus Liguori and The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus. I haven't completely read through all the sermons yet but his sermons are always very edifying.
The Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales, Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe, and currently The Cherubinic Wanderer by Angelus Silesius. The last one's medtiation poetry can inspire and fill hours and hours of mental prayer, which I first learned in Time for God.
All 4 volumes of the Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin by St. Louis DeMonfort, The Dialogues by St. Catherine of Siena, Humility of Heart by Fr. Cajetan Maria de Bergamo, Confessions and City of God by St. Augustine, and Imitation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus by Fr. Peter Arnoudt.
In no particular order:

Miracles of the Child Jesus by Bob and Penny Lord
10 Wonders of the Rosary by Fr. Donald Calloway
The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort
Eucharistic Miracles by Joan Carroll Cruz