FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Veiling - What do you think about this article?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interested in getting your opinion on the content in this new page recently published on veiling: 

https://www.prayinglatin.com/veiling/
(05-19-2019, 02:01 AM)prayinglatin Wrote: [ -> ]Interested in getting your opinion on the content in this new page recently published on veiling: 

https://www.prayinglatin.com/veiling/

It seems only in our "progressive" times that Catholics have qualms about veiling, so much so that it has to be addressed. 

I'm 58 years old. When I was a child, and until my teens, all women who went to Mass in the Philippines, wore a veil. In fact, if you were not wearing a veil, the priest would not give you Communion. That all changed in the mid to late 1970s, thanks to the poisonous tree called Vatican II. Then, women stopped veiling. Worse, they stopped going to Mass. 

I started wearing a veil when I came back to the Church two years ago. I wear a veil even at Novus Ordo masses. I don't care what other people think. I want to show proper reverence to Our Lord. 

Russian and Greek Orthodox women wear veils when they visit Orthodox churches in Israel. The Catholics (and Protestants) don't care about veiling. It used to be only Protestants, but ever since Vatican II, which protestantized many Catholics, even the latter are unveiled.
I have covered with a veil for the past several years.  I am 66 years old.  Before that I tried hats.  Too uncomfortable.  It was hard to start veiling, as I was the only one in my local parishes.  I am still the only one.  I do not care;  I love it and would be  highly uncomfortable without it.  I have no Latin Mass near me, but attending occasionally where I could, I learned to love the veil.  I was very self conscious in the beginning, but it went away quickly.  I think that people blame it on my son, a traditional priest, whom they know and is living very far away.  Probably they think it is his influence and it is, but also my own understanding and choice.  I am just "that woman who wears a veil".  Besides, it is none of my business what other people think of me.  Hope this adds to the conversation about veiling.  Do not be afraid to be different.
I forgot to add that the article, in  my opinion states all that things that I have read before.  There is so  much symbolism in the Catholic Church.  I think it is a very good article with very good argument for women covering their heads.  In the Novus Ordo, things don't seem too "religious" so it is a surprise, I think to be reminded of so many of the things about our Church that are forgotten. What a shame that has happened.
(05-19-2019, 03:06 PM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to add that the article, in  my opinion states all that things that I have read before.  There is so  much symbolism in the Catholic Church.  I think it is a very good article with very good argument for women covering their heads.  

Wow, I'm surprised you had read all that elsewhere! Some of the content was found only through researching original sources such as Church fathers, Scripture, etc. Glad you liked it.