FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Listening to Catholic Audiobooks on YouTube -- better to purchase instead?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Listening to "Imitation of Christ" while at work.
I assume this isn't "stealing" -- the recording states that it's in the public domain.
Thoughts?

(I appreciate all responses, but please, don't tell me to get help for scruples.  This is a legitimate question).
If it's in the public domain, then no, it's not stealing. Especially if the recording is through LibraVox or something similar.
(05-21-2019, 10:29 AM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]Listening to "Imitation of Christ" while at work.
I assume this isn't "stealing" -- the recording states that it's in the public domain.
Thoughts?

(I appreciate all responses, but please, don't tell me to get help for scruples.  This is a legitimate question).

Ok, but that's literally scrupulosity. The evidence indicates it's not a sin and you doubt it. What may be worse is the evidence indicates it's a positive good and you are seeking an explanation that might make it sinful.

I'm waiting for someone to bring up whether or not you're stealing from your employer though. That'll be fun.

Regularly concerning oneself with what is and is not sin makes it difficult to concentrate on what is and is not holy. We do have limited time available to get these things right and you have to move past this for the rest of us if not for yourself. Who knows what great contributions you could make to the economy of grace.
FultonFan: hang on to your fervor