FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: Illinois bishop bars pro-abortion legislators from communion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, June 6, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ― The bishop of Springfield in Illinois has barred pro-abortion legislators from receiving the sacrament of Holy Communion.

Bishop Thomas John Paprocki has ruled that state legislators who are working to pass Illinois’s new abortion bill may not present themselves for communion in his diocese and that priests are expressly forbidden from giving the Eucharist to both the Senate president and the speaker of the House.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...-communion
Finally, a bishop who stands up for Catholic teaching.

Liberal meltdown about misogyny, intolerance, and "muh choice" starting in 5... 4... 3...
Wow - I'm amazed. Well - other bishops - we are waiting...…………..
(06-06-2019, 01:58 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Wow - I'm amazed.  Well - other bishops - we are waiting...…………..

Archbishop Naumann of Kansas City in Kansas did it several years ago with Killer Kathy Sebelius, B. Hussein ibn Barack's HHS Secretary and former Governor of Kansas.
Obligatory.

So thats 2 out of how many bishops in total?
(06-08-2019, 05:44 AM)MyLady Wrote: [ -> ]So thats 2 out of how many bishops in total?

I looked - it said 271 active bishops.  So we are running less than 1% doing what they should - that sounds about how things look.