FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Attended firsh Charismatic Mass today!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I attended my first Charismatic Mass today.  I went because the Bishop was supposed to be presiding - but he bailed.  They said he had to travel for an emergency bishops meeting.  So who knows what is up there!

So I went thru it.  It was weird - like bad Protestantism.  Ooohing, one guy blurted out in "tongues" and another interpreted.  Lot's of mumble babble, I think people praying in tongues.

I have met and worked with Charismatic Catholics, but never attended their services, so now I know where they are coming from.  Conservative Lutherans blow them out of the water - they do some goofy stuff.

I wish I would have spoken in a made up tongue just to see how they would have interpreted it!

So this is what one can get while under the guidance of an ordained bishop of the RCC todayHuh?  

I'm speechless.
(06-09-2019, 08:45 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]So I attended my first Charismatic Mass today.  I went because the Bishop was supposed to be presiding - but he bailed.  They said he had to travel for an emergency bishops meeting.  So who knows what is up there!

So I went thru it.  It was weird - like bad Protestantism.  Ooohing, one guy blurted out in "tongues" and another interpreted.  Lot's of mumble babble, I think people praying in tongues.

I have met and worked with Charismatic Catholics, but never attended their services, so now I know where they are coming from.  Conservative Lutherans blow them out of the water - they do some goofy stuff.

I wish I would have spoken in a made up tongue just to see how they would have interpreted it!

So this is what one can get while under the guidance of an ordained bishop of the RCC todayHuh?  

I'm speechless.

Not to make fun, but I have seen charismatic gatherings before.  It made me think of a scene I saw from a movie where the main actor pretended to be healed by a faith-healer.
(06-09-2019, 08:49 PM)yablabo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2019, 08:45 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]So I attended my first Charismatic Mass today.  I went because the Bishop was supposed to be presiding - but he bailed.  They said he had to travel for an emergency bishops meeting.  So who knows what is up there!

I'm speechless.

Not to make fun, but I have seen charismatic gatherings before.  It made me think of a scene I saw from a movie where the main actor pretended to be healed by a faith-healer.

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fmedia1.giphy....559cf378f7]

[Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F...db563c2049]
(06-09-2019, 09:00 PM)PorphyriosK Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2019, 08:49 PM)yablabo Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm speechless.

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fmedia1.giphy....559cf378f7]

[Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F...db563c2049]

Yup - that's about it.  You just gotta love Benny Hinn with his "take it, take it , take it" - I crack up every time!   

How these clergy take it seriously or keep a straight face I don't know.

The bishop promotes this stuff, and priests too - I don't think I can actually take them seriously.  But the Charismatic speaker did talk about how Vatican II was like a new birth for the Church - so you never know when you'll learn something Big Grin Huh .

Does the diocese of Lincoln have a Charismatic Renewal presence?

What does it take to get an Eastern Catholic parish planted?  Something with sanity.
(06-09-2019, 09:22 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]What does it take to get an Eastern Catholic parish planted?  

A sizeable population of Ukrainians or Ruthenians would be a good start.
Oooh, I'd stay away from that stuff.