FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: from my DFOT apostolate: Jesus addresses "our current pope"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am wanting to share another reason why I accept that our Pope is accepted by Heaven as Pope, in spite of all the bad things. Strongly influencing me are Taylor Marshall and Tim Gordon whom my husband and I have followed on their TnT program since the start of Lent (and we continue to, in lieu of entertainment TV, which while being careful of content, we still watched too much of previously). Also I like Church Militant and Michael Voris (I used to be a little leary, but I am not). I love courageous bishops and cardinals like Burke, Vigano and Athanasius Schneider, who make my heart sing because they yield to Christ in them.

I am new here so I will tell you a little about myself and about this apostolate which I am a member of. The apostolate "Direction for Our Times" has it's local bishop's approval, all works are submitted to the Vatican for approval, they have an imprimatur, and the local bishop has assigned a fulltime priest to this apostolate. Nothing has been found contrary to the Magisterium of the Church. They have a website where you can learn more if you want. You will also find detractors online. But there are detractors for every good and true thing. 

Many people do not want to see the works of any visionary not officially approved in full by the Church, and I respect that. However, I remember that all those officially approved visionaries were once officially unapproved. The Church allows us to believe private visionaries that are not unapproved, and I take that choice. My discernment tells me that God is with this apostolate.

I have read all the works - the books, the ten volumes, and the many booklets - though I originally read AND skimmed the volumes, which are TREASURES; I now read them closely. The words are simple, but because of the depth of the simple words, they take time to digest, especially because Jesus is trying to tell us how to live closer to Him in every moment. 

I even read Anne's pre-visionary work, an autobiographical novel used in her previous work in domestic abuse violence. That is "The Breakable Vow" and it's a page-turner. I have read it several times.  I first found "Climbing the Mountain", [free excerpts describing the heavenly visits in this book are here] with it's visions of Heaven, and knew his was of God, and I wanted to read more. I then read "Mist of Mercy" with it's visions of Purgatory. In all the works published by this Apostolate, Jesus, Mary, God the Father, and various Saints (and Apostles) have many words for us about living in these times.  They are simple but profound words that speak to anyone.  

I am a sheep who knows my Shepherd's voice here, and I accept the words of my Shepherd in the works of this apostolate. These works have blessed me and continue to bless me, and as we live in very troubled times [Jesus refers to these times as a "passion time" for our Church], I am truly grateful to have direction for these times.

I was baptized Methodist like many generations of my mother's family (my father's were Episcopal) and grew up Presbyterian. In college I was "born-again", committing my life to Jesus and practiced this faith thru my adult life. I think there were many opportunities to practice discernment when you are a Christian with only the Bible and no sacraments, and when you desire that, God gives it to you. I was in a difficult marriage (seemingly normal from the outside) for many years, and when my son was young I unexpectedly stumbled upon "Rome Sweet Home" by Scott and Kimberly Hahn which unexpectedly led me into the Catholic Church. I feel sure that I had the unexpected grace of becoming a Catholic, the last thing I ever thought I would want to be, because God knew the upset I was to face in a year's time, and He wanted me to have MORE of Him, and to be safe in His Holy Catholic Church, to give me strength for trials to follow. 

After a year of grace, my marriage suddenly ended in a difficult way and I began life as a single Mom. Then followed a very isolating time, because I not only lost what had always been a rich community to me (evangelical protestants) but I also did not find a place of belonging in the Catholic community as a divorced single Mom with this "different" kind of love for the Church's teaching. Those were tough years, but worth it, especially considering what God blessed me with. For awhile I read the works of two local visionaries and went to meetings or pilgrimages to presentations, with my son, however, I never fully immersed -- I loved the faithful Catholics who were there, and I loved the hope that Jesus was speaking to them for us, but I was never fully convinced. I always went away with joy but with some little bit of doubt, so I ended up phasing out, especially after God gave me other, real things. Later I found works criticizing them, and though I do not agree with all the decisions of this particular Catholic critic of visionaries, I found his criticism on these to be valid.

But God gave me three valid and true things that sustained me in these difficult years following my conversion to Catholic and it makes every dark thing of those days worth it. They were truly riches, and they were:

1) Silent retreats at a Trappist monastery. What joy. I have not taken a silent retreat since I have moved to this other, also northeastern, state, and I miss them. Praying the office with the monks thru all hours of the day and night was heavenly. I learned to love silence.

2) One Divine Mercy weekend conference, at a book table, I discovered the wonderful works of a visionary on the life of Christ. They gave me much joy and intimacy with Our Lord and they still do. I consider these works one of my very greatest riches; a gift from God.

3) Stumbling upon "Climbing the Mountain" and the rest of the works of Direction for Our Times. They are true, they are informative, they show me how to walk with the Lord in these times. I always knew I wanted to be a member of an apostolate or a third order of something. But I am convinced the Lord led me here. This apostolate is for me.

So it is in these Direction For Our Times works that I find words of Jesus that confirm to me that this pope, in spite of all , is still our Pope, and I must respect that. I am pretty sure He never says I have to like the pope. I honestly don't. However, I must respect him. And I think (personally) that we have to be careful what we say, and where, because we don't want to disturb any of the young plants around here.     

So I have been reading Volume Five recently, and Jesus is speaking of respecting/accepting this Pope (he does not name the Pope, but he is talking of these times, and He clearly knows there is reason for a devout Catholic of these times - only devout Catholics would read these words - to question if the Pope is a true pope, so He is telling us: he IS.

So I will share these words of Jesus in a next post. I know I read the mentions about allegiance to the Vicar in other works, especially Volume 8.  I need a bit of time to skim and find the ones I just read in Volume 5, but I will post them. Again, these are private revelations, so the church says you may ignore! However, they have been read by the Vatican and allowed to be printed, and they do not saying anything against the Magisterium of the Church. I believe they will be helpful to some who may get struck with wondering if the Holy Spirit still is in charge of the Church, even the pope!
(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]So it is in these works that I find words of Jesus that confirm to me that this pope, in spite of all , is still our Pope, and I must respect that. I am pretty sure He never says I have to like the pope. I honestly don't. However, I must respect him. And I think (personally) that we have to be careful what we say, and where, because we don't want to disturb any of the young plants.     

So I have been reading Volume Five recently, and Jesus is speaking of respecting/accepting this Pope (he does not name the Pope, but he is talking of these times, and He clearly knows there is reason for a devout Catholic of these times - only devout Catholics would read these words - to question if the Pope is a true pope, so He is telling us: he IS.

So I will share these words of Jesus in a next post.  I need a bit of time to skim and find them, but I will post them. And these are private revelations, so the church says you may ignore! However, they have been read by the Vatican and allowed to be printed, and they do not saying anything against the magisterium of the Church. I believe they will be helpful to some who may get struck with wondering if the Holy Spirit still is in charge of the Church, even the pope!

I find this odd and suspicious that Jesus would make a private revelation making sure we acknowledge "Just call me Jorge"" as Pope, but hey I'll read it if you post it.

That said, I'm happy for your backstory and conversion.
From DFOT, explained in above post, from here :

mssg rec'd by Anne on May 24th, 2004, Vol.5;
these excerpts are from pg.64-71 

JESUS
[i]I am taking this opportunity to advise My brothers and sisters about events that will come upon the world. In this way, as I have said, you will not be fearful because you will know that I have foretold these things and thus you will see that the hand of God is present. [/i]

[i]Today I would like to talk about dissension in My one true Church. There is coming a time of even greater disobedience, when many more will turn away from My Church. This will create even more difficulties for the Holy Father, who seeks to retain unity, per My dictates. Rebellious souls often blame someone else for their disobedience and so it will be in this time. Children, many of you will see this occurring and you will see great divisions. Do not fear that you will be left without a shepherd because I am your shepherd. In the time of confusion you must remain faithful to My Church, yes, and to the leaders who remain faithful to My Vicar, whom I will have chosen. It is quite simple and you will not be misled because you will be following Me. Let others discuss, as is the way of your troubled world. You need not discuss. You need only give praise to Jesus the Redeemer the Father and follow the path I have set out before you. Can you understand why it is so important to convert souls before this time of great confusion? If a soul is already following Me then he has practiced remaining true to the course in the face of challenges on the journey. This spiritual experience will provide the greatest of consolations to My children during this time. I love you all so deeply and know you so well. You will have everything you require spiritually to discern when necessary...[/i]

[cut out some some] 

.[i]..Now I wish to tell you about something that concerns Me. There are many who claim to be My followers. Some follow My lead, but others do not. They follow their own will, but do so behind a guise of obedience. The reason this obedience is a guise and not a genuine obedience is because they have rejected My Church in that they feel they have a greater wisdom than the soul whom I chose to represent Me. Children of God, you are accountable. Do you think that I made a mistake when I asked this current man to be My earthly Vicar? Well then you must take that up with Me upon your entry into My Kingdom. That will be the appropriate time to discuss what you may feel are the mistakes I have made. Until that time, I am calling on you to be respectful, obedient, and supportive of this man, your Pope. [/i]

[i]Priests, in particular, are not serving Me when they lead others to doubt the Holy Father. Souls feel that priests have a greater wisdom than others, and if a priest is following My voice, this is usually true. But priests who are following My voice are not behaving in a disobedient and disrespectful manner toward the leader of My Church, even if they do not always agree with how this man is leading. The true spirit of God does not manifest in cynicism, dear souls, so when you see cynicism, you may be assured that I am not present and I am not directing the conversation. This will increase in your world. I do not like to tell you this but I must. You must be alert always for these signs. I would like you to respond with quiet firmness in the face of cynicism. [/i]

[i]When souls criticize My Church and its leaders, you must direct them to Me. They should never spread disunity among My followers. If they bring their concerns to Me in prayer I will give them the light to understand exactly what is happening and why it must be. I do not abandon My Church, I assure you, and those who constantly criticize its leaders are speaking with little faith because if I allowed leaders to dismantle what Peter began for Me, it would be the same as abandoning it to a flawed humanity. [/i]

[i]Be one who defends the Church. Let it be known that you will not tolerate My Church being ridiculed and vilified unjustly. The very priests who disobey and foster disunity are often the priests who have consistently sinned against Me. Pray for them but from now on defend My Church. I will help you and show you how I want you to respond to the attacks you witness. You must arm yourself in prayer and understand that this is a spiritual battle. I am with you and will remain with you.[/i]

[i]_______________________________[/i]

Some of my own comments on the above:

Jesus says, "[i]Do you think that I made a mistake when I asked this current man to be My earthly Vicar? [/i]
Um, yes, actually, I sometimes do, or at least, I don't think of Jesus as ASKING him to be the Vicar. Hmm. Maybe Francis is the best He can do in these times, as, it could be worse. But Jesus speaks of asking him (or any reigning pope) to be pope, so I guess that is the proper way to see it. At any rate, his directions in this is:
[i] I am calling on you to be respectful, obedient, and supportive of this man, your Pope.[/i]
And so that is how I must be. (I notice he did not have to say we like him). He says we must  [i]remain faithful to My Vicar, whom I will have chosen [/i]

So this is what we must do. He speaks of the Vicar "whom I will have chosen". No matter who, He has "chosen" what Vicar we have in some real way that our minds may not be able to fathom when we look at Francis and hear and read his words. Angry But God's ways are not our ways. Also one can be respectful, obedient and supportive while still not getting on board with all he says, right? Truth matters. 

As you can see, I am treating these words like they are the WOrd. I am not Protestant any more, and I believe that God's Word is available in other ways, too (beside scripture). (Though this version of the Word is not binding on the faithful). 

Jesus says, [i]But priests who are following My voice are not behaving in a disobedient and disrespectful manner toward the leader of My Church, even if they do not always agree with how this man is leading.  [/i]

And so Jesus is saying that priests, and probably my heros like Burke and Vigano et.al. need to behave in an obedient and respectful manner to Pope Francis, and I think these heroes do this, because they disagree in a respectful and proper way. To speak the truth, or challenge the Pope as Paul challenged Peter, is not being disrespectful. Jesus says, "even if they do not always agree with how this man is leading". Jesus is not saying that it is NOT OKAY to [i]disagree with how he is leading. I notice that, while knowing it is my sacred responsibility to be faithful (I mean, not search for a reason to follow an alternative pope, even if excellent reasons exist) and to be respectful, obedient and supportive of Pope Francis.[/i]

So that is why I think we must respect and be faithful to Pope Francis, besides the facts of what I see good lay people like TnT and CM say, and besides what my hero bishops and cardinals are telling and showing us, as beacons of light in these times. Truly these heroes are apostles who are following the voice of the Lord.

:
(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]I love courageous bishops and cardinals like Burke, Vigano and Athanasius Schneider, who make my heart sing because they yield to Christ in them.

x2, but I think they are on a faulty premise that will get them nowhere. Vignao is already in hiding.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]I am new here so I will tell you a little about myself and about this apostolate which I am a member of. The apostolate "Direction for Our Times" has it's local bishop's approval, all works are submitted to the Vatican for approval, they have an imprimatur, and the local bishop has assigned a fulltime priest to this apostolate. Nothing has been found contrary to the Magisterium of the Church. They have a website where you can learn more if you want. You will also find detractors online. But there are detractors for every good and true thing.

There is private revelation with the Churches Imprimatur which I read and believe too (Catalina Rivas), I can't find where you mention the name of the visionary you are reading. People do criticize private revelation a lot, but the Church and her history is full of private revelation, we must also discern too, as for yours I would look to see if there are any miracles to confirm it, such as in Fatima we had the Miracle of the Sun and in the case of Catalina Rivas, she suffered the Stigmata on camera filmed by a very famous Australian journalist (Mike Willesee) who is a very reputable eye witness and converted back to Catholicism due to it. It also involves several Eucharistic Miracles.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]Many people do not want to see the works of any visionary not officially approved in full by the Church, and I respect that.

Even when fully approved they are still doubtful.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]However, I remember that all those officially approved visionaries were once officially unapproved. The Church allows us to believe private visionaries that are not unapproved, and I take that choice. My discernment tells me that God is with this apostolate.

That's good, but we should be careful too, no matter how good the messages are I take them with a grain of salt unless there is a reputable and verifiable miracle surrounding it. Fatima due to the Miracle of the Sun etc.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]I unexpectedly stumbled upon "Rome Sweet Home" by Scott and Kimberly Hahn which unexpectedly led me into the Catholic Church.

My father converted to Catholicism due to Scott Hahn's conversion story and thus raised myself and my siblings Catholic, if it were left up to the 'Catholic' School system I would not be a Catholic today.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]So it is in these Direction For Our Times works that I find words of Jesus that confirm to me that this pope, in spite of all , is still our Pope, and I must respect that.

Remember too, Francis was not until 2013, so if the visionary was before that, then they were referring to St Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI, not Francis. In fact, what makes me confident about Francis was the private revelation I read was actually presented to Jorge Bergoglio to give to Pope Benedict, he hid the Eucharistic miracle away and I've heard nothing of this private revelation from him and instead he is espousing every kind of heresy.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure He never says I have to like the pope. I honestly don't. However, I must respect him.

Yes, but that's not the case if he has usurped the Papacy through a rigged election which is highly likely and why the Bishops need to be investigating it and speaking to Pope Benedict.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]And I think (personally) that we have to be careful what we say, and where, because we don't want to disturb any of the young plants around here.

Well if you say nothing then you too must be careful as saying nothing legitimizes Francis and his heresies as the Pope is the highest authority in the Church on Earth.

(07-01-2019, 07:08 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]So I have been reading Volume Five recently, and Jesus is speaking of respecting/accepting this Pope (he does not name the Pope, but he is talking of these times, and He clearly knows there is reason for a devout Catholic of these times - only devout Catholics would read these words - to question if the Pope is a true pope, so He is telling us: he IS.

And what date was this? It was Pope Benedict XVI between 2005 and 2013 and I believe to this day as Francis has not been validly elected. I also can't judge it until I know who the visionary is and there are reputable eye witnesses for miracles surrounding it including the Imprimatur of the Church.

I have another one for you -

Jorge Bergoglio took the name of St Francis of Assisi.... well here is a prophecy from St Francis of Assisi.

Works of the Seraphic Father St. Francis Of Assisi London: R. Washbourne, 1882, pp. 248-250 Wrote:Act bravely, my Brethren; take courage, and trust in the Lord. The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase.

The devils will have unusual power, the immaculate purity of our Order, and of others, will be so much obscured that there will be very few Christians who will obey the true Sovereign Pontiff and the Roman Church with loyal hearts and perfect charity. At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death.

Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it.

There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God.

Then our Rule and manner of life will be violently opposed by some, and terrible trials will come upon us. Those who are found faithful will receive the crown of life; but woe to those who, trusting solely in their Order, shall fall into tepidity, for they will not be able to support the temptations permitted for the proving of the elect.

Those who preserve their fervour and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and, persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth. But the Lord will be the refuge of the afflicted, and will save all who trust in Him. And in order to be like their Head [Jesus Christ], these, the elect, will act with confidence, and by their death will purchase for themselves eternal life; choosing to obey God rather than man, they will fear nothing, and they will prefer to perish [physically] rather than consent to falsehood and perfidy.

Some preachers will keep silence about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days Jesus Christ will send them not a true Pastor, but a destroyer.

Hope this helps and God Bless You
(07-01-2019, 08:49 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ][i]When souls criticize My Church and its leaders, you must direct them to Me. They should never spread disunity among My followers. If they bring their concerns to Me in prayer I will give them the light to understand exactly what is happening and why it must be. I do not abandon My Church, I assure you, and those who constantly criticize its leaders are speaking with little faith because if I allowed leaders to dismantle what Peter began for Me, it would be the same as abandoning it to a flawed humanity. [/i]

1) This was 2004, so that's upon the death of St Pope John Paul II and the election of Pope Benedict XVI in 2005 until 2013.
2) If applied like you do, then all those Priests, Bishops and Cardinals you mentioned earlier are guilty of it for criticizing Francis (Dubia).

(07-01-2019, 08:49 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think that I made a mistake when I asked this current man to be My earthly Vicar?

He was not chosen if the election was rigged.

(07-01-2019, 08:49 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]Also one can be respectful, obedient and supportive while still not getting on board with all he says, right?

If pope then he is the highest authority in the Church on Earth, this can only go so far in regards to him erring, I used to be in the same position but I could no longer, this is well beyond erring, Francis and his cohort are driving an agenda and if Clinton had won the US 2016 elections, with Francis in the Vatican it would have been the perfect storm. We also see with Wikileaks that Obama's administration and Clinton did in fact infiltrate the Catholic Church and these same groups who were exposed all praise Francis and speak exactly the same as him from the start.

(07-01-2019, 08:49 PM)St.Eliza Wrote: [ -> ]To speak the truth, or challenge the Pope as Paul challenged Peter, is not being disrespectful

Only the Dubia was ignored and Francis remained silent and likened them to the Pharisee's and High Priests during Christ's mock trial before His crucifixion.

Hope this helps and God Bless You

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."
The classical and orthodox spiritual authors are always very wary of those claiming locutions from Christ, His Mother or the Saints. These special graces are rare, usually presume some eminent degree of holiness, and the vast majority are to consecrated souls or children who eventually enter consecrated life.

A good spiritual director is always taught to be very suspicious when such is claimed, especially by souls who have not progressed to the level where a mystical union is probable. As can be seen with St Teresa, even such eminently spiritual writings were carefully examined by the Holy Office with the assumption that they were false mysticism and with proof of their orthodoxy required before they were permitted.

With just a little bit of effort looking into Direction for Our Times I was able to find the mystic-founder Anne's story. It is disturbing and makes me highly suspicious.

From her autobiography on the website :

Quote:I am a wife, mother of six, and a Secular Franciscan.

At the age of twenty, I was divorced for serious reasons and with pastoral support in this decision. In my mid-twenties I was a single parent, working and bringing up a daughter.

Already we see a serious problem here. Anne is a divorcee at age 20, yet able to be mother to six children. Later in the same story she speaks of her husband and her moving together with their children. The natural conclusion is that she reconciled with her husband, but that is never stated. That would seem to be a very important part of the story, because if wrongly divorced and suffering, it would be a great help to her case as a victim soul.

The other possibility is that she remarried, but again, she never discusses this, which would also seem like an important life event.

The ambiguity here is seriously problematic, because it allows the possibility that Anne was committing adultery. I don't know that this is the case, and of course there heroic stories of serious sinners being converted (e.g. Bl. Charles de Foucauld), but generally their stories are ones of great repentance, and so they are clear about their sinful life.

While there are benign interpretations, that's a lot of "benefit of the doubt" to give to an otherwise very troubling remark.

Later she writes :

Quote:Various circumstances compelled my husband and me to move with our children far from my loved ones. I offered this up and must say it is the most difficult thing I have had to contend with. Living in exile brings many beautiful opportunities to align with Christ’s will; however, you have to continually remind yourself that you are doing that. Otherwise you just feel sad. After several years in exile, I finally got the inspiration to go to Medjugorje. It was actually a gift from my husband for my fortieth birthday. I had tried to go once before, but circumstances prevented the trip and I understood it was not God’s will. Finally, though, it was time and my eldest daughter and I found ourselves in front of St. James Church. It was her second trip to Medjugorje.

I did not expect or consider that I would experience anything out of the ordinary. At any rate, we had a beautiful five days. I experienced a spiritual healing on the mountain. My daughter rested and prayed. A quiet but significant thing happened to me. During my Communions, I spoke with Jesus conversationally. I thought this was beautiful, but it had happened before on occasion so I was not stunned or overcome. I remember telling others that Communions in Medjugorje were powerful. I came home, deeply grateful to Our Lady for bringing us there.

And there is the biggest red flag here.

Medjugorje is not from God. It is a diabolical deception created by priests who were fornicating with women while coaching the young "seers" to craft the Medjugorje story.

Anne may be a good woman and may seriously believe that Jesus, Mary, God the Father and various Saints are talking to he, but we see here that this poor woman has been deceived. Medjugorje is not from God, and I have serious doubts that her locutions are either.
(07-01-2019, 09:37 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]And what date was this? It was Pope Benedict XVI between 2005 and 2013 and I believe to this day as Francis has not been validly elected. I also can't judge it until I know who the visionary is and there are reputable eye witnesses for miracles surrounding it including the Imprimatur of the Church.

I have another one for you -

Jorge Bergoglio took the name of St Francis of Assisi.... well here is a prophecy from St Francis of Assisi.

Josh, please just cut it out.

You don't need to insert into every thread possible the claim that Francis is not the Pope.

It's not only incorrect and unhelpful, I might also add that it violates the rules here.

The premise at FE is that Francis is Pope. The spirit of this, since the older sub-forum dedicated to Sedevacantist discussions no longer exists, certainly would mean it stays confined to only threads that deal directly with the matter, and not that you get to disrupt as many threads as possible with your nonsense.

I'm not a moderator here, but I cannot imagine the moderators will tolerate this for very long.

Since you do have other good things to contribute here, it would be a shame if your obsession with this prevented other good contributions.
(07-01-2019, 10:07 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Josh, please just cut it out.

You don't need to insert into every thread possible the claim that Francis is not the Pope.

That is what this thread and the other threads I said this was about though? (Only 1 in which I probably inserted it, which was regarding a Pride Mass in the US somewhere, I only pointed out that if you can't go to the Bishop you certainly can't go to the 'pope' due to "Who am I to judge".)

(07-01-2019, 10:07 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]It's not only incorrect and unhelpful, I might also add that it violates the rules here.

Well, I've already been banned from CAF. sad

(07-01-2019, 10:07 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]The premise at FE is that Francis is Pope. The spirit of this, since the older sub-forum dedicated to Sedevacantist discussions no longer exists, certainly would mean it stays confined to only threads that deal directly with the matter, and not that you get to disrupt as many threads as possible with your nonsense.

How could I not bring it up? this thread was about exactly this, those are my views, I didn't spam anything as far as I am aware and you can refute what I've said.

(07-01-2019, 10:07 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a moderator here, but I cannot imagine the moderators will tolerate this for very long.

Since you do have other good things to contribute here, it would be a shame if your obsession with this prevented other good contributions.

The same thing is said over at CAF if you throw into question any Priests or Bishops such as the ones holding Pride Masses and such. sad

I can't keep quiet about what I believe, I didn't spam anything as far as I know and it's open for refutation, if it's the wrong forum section I apologies, the OP's post spoke directly to this so how could I not bring it up in replying?

God Bless
OK, here's the plan: I'm setting up a single thread for all the "Benevacantism" sort of talk. Let's keep all that sort of thing there, in that one thread, so that every thread in the place doesn't turn into "All BV talk, all of the time".

And St. Eliza, don't post alleged private visions and revelations and all that sort of thing unless it's been deemed worthy of belief and is older than the Empire State Building.
I will read more closely and probably respond to these replies later.  

Josh, you seem to be on a single-minded mission to say Francis is not Pope. I get how important this mission is, especially since you are sincerely convinced you are right. In fact I would probably do the very same thing if I believed as you do, because it's very important! The implications are mind-boggling. Please know I have already put a lot of thought into the issue, but my heart - and I believe it's Jesus in my heart - is not there.  Also I am on an email list of a very intelligent and devout man who thinks Benedict is the true pope still, while Francis false, and I read his EXTENSIVE pages and pages of reasons, from visionaries to Vatican documents, and they are very, very convincing. So I do not think you are a kook. 

But I am not sure if you can understand the reason I gave here on why I am not with you on that. It's why I did not want to put THIS reason in the post where you were arguing whether Francis is a true pope. I did contribute to that thread, giving other reasons why I believe his is pope, but maybe you didn't see it.  I wanted to put my own, personal "other" reason, which seals it for me [not saying it should seal it for anyone else], for believing that despite all, Francis is Pope, in it's own thread. It's why I made it clear at the top here that even though this Apostolate has the approval of the Vatican, it does have private revelation, which no one has to believe or even read or consider. However, it has been examined and is okay to believe, if one wants, having been examined by ACTUAL and official Vatican Catholic theologians, who say it contains NOTHING contrary to the Magisterium. 

I already said that above, but I am saying it again.

I hope you don't get banned here for expressing your sincere opinion. But I am not the person to discuss if the pope is the pope. I truly believe Our Lord says that he is. And the Lord trumps you. Of course! I am sure you agree with that statement.

Mister Resident Contrarian:  Also I might not have a lot of patience for "skepticism for the sake of skepticism" if that is you, as that is not my thing. However I will respond somehow to what you wrote at a later time, after taking time to read it more thoroughly (I skimmed it).
Pages: 1 2