FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What if you miss a day of a Novena/Commitment to certain prayers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve been doing the Magnificent Prayers of St. Bridgette of Sweden since late October.
You’re supposed to do them daily for a year.
Without getting into too much detail, there was a major family issue last night, leaving me in a very sorrowful state of mind.
It was getting very late, and I did the prayers almost completely internally (not vocally), and basically rushed them. I was also very distracted.
Have I sabotaged the whole thing?
(08-02-2019, 09:18 AM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve been doing the Magnificent Prayers of St. Bridgette of Sweden since late October.
You’re supposed to do them daily for a year.
Without getting into too much detail, there was a major family issue last night, leaving me in a very sorrowful state of mind.
It was getting very late, and I did the prayers almost completely internally (not vocally), and basically rushed them. I was also very distracted.
Have I sabotaged the whole thing?

Certainly not...and you wouldn’t have sabotaged the whole thing if you’d forgotten a day or even just chose not to do it for a day. God isn’t some giant vending machine in the sky that you have to push the right buttons on in order to get what you want.
God doesn't expect you to be superhuman, my friend.  It sounds like you had a pretty good reason to be distracted and rushed.  I can't see how you could have sabotaged anything here.  Carry on in the Lord.  :)
Thanks, friends.
Blessed weekend to you.