FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Why Aren't We Doing This Now ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was one of the most inspiring stories of my lifetime, even though I was too little to understand it. Here's the text of a leaflet that was printed by Rosary campaigners opposing the Goulart government.

“This immense and marvelous land which God has given us is in extreme peril. We have allowed men with unlimited ambition, devoid of all Christian faith and scruples, to bring misery to our people, to destroy our economy, to perturb our social peace, to sow hatred and despair. They have infiltrated our nation, our administrations, our army, and even our Church, with servants of a totalitarianism which is foreign to us and which would destroy all that we hold dear...

“Holy Mother of God, protect us from the fate that threatens us, and spare us the sufferings inflicted on the martyred women of Cuba, Poland, Hungary, and the other nations reduced to slavery! ” https://www.michaeljournal.org/articles/...-communism

One of the first articles I ever read about the miraculous rosary campaign in Brazil in 1964, mentioned people who thought things were hopeless because the enemies of the Church had infiltrated everywhere, with even priests and bishops sympathetic to the far left government. In fact, if I remember correctly, Cardinal Jaime de Barros Câmara of Rio De Janeiro was the only Bishop in the world's most populous Catholic country who put God first and led the fight against the enemies of the Church. But today in the US and just about everywhere else, what are we doing ?
There's a 54-day rosary campaign going on right now for the return of our nation to Jesus Christ. Join us

https://www.romancatholicman.com/the-mir...ry-novena/
I've just been a bit discouraged by some of the rosary campaigns in 2019. Rosary Coast to Coast is way behind numbers of locations signed up from last year in the US, Canada, and UK. Only 13 people (from two churches) turned out for the last America Needs Fatima rosary rally I attended (the previous one was over 40) We're only a little over a month to go to the Oct 12th and 13th public rosaries and interest seems to defintely be down to this point. Frankly, I would not be shocked, if the public rosary campaigns are being discouraged by some of those in authority. THe same thing happened in Brazil in 1964.
(08-29-2019, 12:32 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]I've just been a bit discouraged by some of the rosary campaigns in 2019. Rosary Coast to Coast is way behind numbers of locations signed up from last year in the US, Canada, and UK. Only 13 people (from two churches) turned out for the last America Needs Fatima rosary rally I attended (the previous one was over 40) We're only a little over a month to go to the Oct 12th and 13th public rosaries and interest seems to defintely be down to this point. Frankly, I would not be shocked, if the public rosary campaigns are being discouraged by some of those in authority. THe same thing happened in Brazil in 1964.

The Devil wants that discouragement, he knows how powerful a weapon the rosary is, even in the hands of a few. Don't look at attendance numbers or regions participating, just pray the rosary in union with others.
The liberal New Zealand government recently introduced a bill to legalize euthanasia and abortion without restriction (it has been a crime, but exceptions made when two physicians certify that the life or health of the mother is in jeopardy).

The bishops of the country said nothing except they were "concerned" and wanted to have "respectful dialogue" about a "complex issue".

An SSPX priest I know there proposed a Rosary Crusade consisting of 108-days (2 54-day novenas) of prayers in response, in similar fashion to what was described above. It was supported by the FSSP, a number of Novus Ordo parishes, the country's Pro-Life Organization as well as several MPs who lent their support.

It is pretty impressive what Our Lady can do. Sister Lucy said that there was no problem that the Rosary could not solve in these darker days.

Perhaps you'd like to include their intentions in your own Rosaries and submit your tallies? 

http://www.sspx.org.nz/crusadeforlife
I missed the beginning of this. I've been slacking off on my rosary. Getting busy with life. 

Very powerful. The last time I did the 54 Day Novena, my prayers were answered.
(08-29-2019, 11:40 AM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]There's a 54-day rosary campaign going on right now for the return of our nation to Jesus Christ. Join us

I've been with you since day one with the added intention being that the Amazon Synod and the Bishops participating reject errors of paganism, Modernism, and instead prevent the errors of the Instrumentum Laboris be rejected and that the Church can weather this storm without the loss of souls.
(08-30-2019, 10:42 AM)MiserereMeiDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2019, 11:40 AM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]There's a 54-day rosary campaign going on right now for the return of our nation to Jesus Christ. Join us

I've been with you since day one with the added intention being that the Amazon Synod and the Bishops participating reject errors of paganism, Modernism, and instead prevent the errors of the Instrumentum Laboris be rejected and that the Church can weather this storm without the loss of souls.

Same here, I'm also for the Amazon Synod as well as the conversion of my wife lol.
I'll be going to the two big (I hope) public rosaries in October. It's just that I've been disappointed with how they're being promoted. And regarding the 1964 rosary campaign in Brazil, according to the book The Political Transformation Of The Brazilian Catholic Church by Thomas C Bruneau, many Catholic clergy, including Bishops, spoke out against the rosary campaign led by Cardinal Jaime de Barros Câmara.
Hate to say it, but I had a very disappointing weekend with rosary campaigns. I attended an America Needs Fatima rosary on Saturday (their account was just suspended by the way) at a Catholic mega church, because it was the only location I knew of. ANF usually lists the locations a couple weeks before hand, but this year they didn't even bother with that. I knew people who wanted to attend public rosaries, and ANF said several thousand were being held, but none of the people I knew went because they had no idea where to go ! The one I attended was suppose to be held outdoors on the busy street adjacent to the church, but at the last minute got moved to an inside chapel. We  had about 30 people (probably good for a Catholic mega church) only about 4 of whom were men, and I was one of the few who didn't have white hair. Add to that, I don't think we had one person under 30, and we didn't have a priest. And if that wasn't bad enough, we were told we couldn't pray too loud, and couldn't sing, because a wedding would be taking place soon.

Sunday, I didn't even bother attending Rosary Coast To Coast, because we didn't have one in my area this time. A woman I know, who's organized rosary campaigns around my State, told me earlier in the year, that the organizers of Rosary Coast To Coast told her that this year's Oct rosary was going to be earth shattering. What actually happened though was, they had far fewer participants than they did in 2018, and it wasn't just in the USA, Canada and Great Britain's were also much smaller this year, and as one poster on this forum in Australia informed me, what good are having so many rosary locations in that country, when most of them are school events closed to the public ? 

I believe everyone's hearts are in the right places, and we have some outstanding writers and eloquent speakers involved here, but quite frankly when it comes to organizing rosary campaigns, they're pathetic. Right now in 2019, a group like Extinction Rebellion can out organize America Needs Fatima and Rosary Coast To Coast any day of the year, and if ER aren't a bunch of certifiable nutcases, no one is !
Pages: 1 2