FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: TAN Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only found out this morning that they're no longer Traditional Catholic. They still carry alot of good books, but now also have lot's of post V2 materials and no longer stock others that were critical of the new mass.
I found out this morning that they're having a 35% sitewide end of summer sale.  :D
Great sale!  I just picked up a copy of the King James Bible as well as Martin Luther's 95 Theses from them for almost nothing.
(09-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]Great sale!  I just picked up a copy of the King James Bible as well as Martin Luther's 95 Theses from them for almost nothing.

OK, in hindsight that might have been wrong.  Still funny. 

All kidding aside, what did I miss?  Their site and off site reviews still list them as traditional Catholic.
(09-13-2019, 11:29 AM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Jeeter Wrote: [ -> ]Great sale!  I just picked up a copy of the King James Bible as well as Martin Luther's 95 Theses from them for almost nothing.

OK, in hindsight that might have been wrong.  Still funny. 

All kidding aside, what did I miss?  Their site and off site reviews still list them as traditional Catholic.

We, as a Catholic community, have evolved in our understanding of the term traditional Catholic.
St. Benedict Press bought TAN books about ten years ago. Now, they publish TAN books along with the largely neocon selection of books by St. Benedict Press.
(09-13-2019, 04:26 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]St. Benedict Press bought TAN books about ten years ago. Now, they publish TAN books along with the largely neocon selection of books by St. Benedict Press.

I noticed this during their recent eBook sale. I was expecting some heavier hitting titles than the selection they had. I still got some decent titles, but I was hoping for more Angelus Press-tier stuff.
Oh well, they still publish alot of good stuff
(09-13-2019, 10:57 AM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]I only found out this morning that they're no longer Traditional Catholic. They still carry alot of good books, but now also have lot's of post V2 materials and no longer stock others that were critical of the new mass.

I think they are becoming more modernised based on what I saw on their promotion materials -- I mean the design style. 
This reflects that the management is less attached to the traditional way than their predecessors.
(09-13-2019, 11:23 PM)Florus Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, they still publish alot of good stuff

That they do. You just have to be a little more discerning in what you buy from them. It used to be that if a book had “TAN” on it, you basically could buy it without even looking at the title or author, because you could count on it being trustworthy.