FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Priest : Voting For Pro Abortion Politicians Could Damn You To Hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
“If you vote for a political leader who's very open about allowing harm to be done to the most innocent and the most helpless the most little you are complicit in the death of these little ones,” he said. “And you have blood on your hands and you might (and I say this out of love and out of concern) you might spend all of eternity in hell because you did not obey God's clear commandment thou shalt not kill.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/a-pri...ty-in-hell

I remember people on a certain forum telling me, that Catholics could vote for pro-abortion politicians if it was not the only reason they were doing so.
(10-13-2019, 08:32 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]I remember people on a certain forum telling me, that Catholics could vote for pro-abortion politicians if it was not the only reason they were doing so.

Only if you're not doing so because you agree with the politician's pro-abortion position, and the other candidate's positions are worse. Given the millions that die from abortion, I don't see any issues that are as important; maybe if the pro-life guy wants nuclear war with China and Russia, not that anyone's seriously proposing that.

They'll probably say that global cooling global warming climate change is such an issue, and that it endangers the whole world, but that's nonsense. Show me a prediction of the doomsayers that's come true, and maybe I'll reconsider.
(10-13-2019, 10:20 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]They'll probably say that global cooling global warming climate change is such an issue, and that it endangers the whole world, but that's nonsense. Show me a prediction of the doomsayers that's come true, and maybe I'll reconsider.

Or the death penalty, or the homeless problem, or oceanic pollution, you know, all those other things you have to believe in if you're REALLY pro-life. That's one of the reasons I've come to avoid the label 'pro-life'. I'm anti abortion, anti infanticide, anti baby killing, but not 'pro-life' as many liberals and modernists have come to define it.
I won't vote for a pro-abortion candidate, period.  If they can't see that society is built on the foundation of all life being sacred, then I can't see that I can trust them to make other areas.
Of course, if neither candidate is pro-life, then I have to make choices on other issues, but given the choice, I will vote pro-life.
There is no obligation to choose any candidate if all are distasteful.

One is permitted to choose a distasteful candidate if the alternative is objectively worse, but choosing to not vote in that particular race is also an option.

"Do you want the plate of uncooked hamburger so teeming with E. coli it's trying to run away, or would you prefer the botulism-laced creamed corn?"

"Um ... neither?"

Often there are other races in which you can choose a candidate or say "Yes" or "No" to a proposal, but there is no obligation to vote for any candidate who is not a good option just to "prevent" the other candidate from winning. One votes for a candidate, not against the opponent. 

One may vote for what one considers the lesser of two evils as a means of preventing the worse, but one never is obliged to chose one of these candidates in such a case, one can legitimately choose neither. In doing so, he bears no responsibility for the worse candidate being elected, just as a man whose captors will shoot him if he does not kill another man, is guilty of suicide for not committing murder. Which is to say, not guilty.
(10-13-2019, 11:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2019, 10:20 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]They'll probably say that global cooling global warming climate change is such an issue, and that it endangers the whole world, but that's nonsense. Show me a prediction of the doomsayers that's come true, and maybe I'll reconsider.

Or the death penalty, or the homeless problem, or oceanic pollution, you know, all those other things you have to believe in if you're REALLY pro-life. That's one of the reasons I've come to avoid the label 'pro-life'. I'm anti abortion, anti infanticide, anti baby killing, but not 'pro-life' as many liberals and modernists have come to define it.

Yes and you also have to support gender transition for kids as young as three, because if you don't it'll ruin their self-esteem and inevitably lead to suicide.  So the whole "LGBT" support machine now includes "gender identity" acceptance as a pro-life issue.
How about voting for a country to introduce abortion? That is what the Irish - the vast majority calling themselves Catholic - did last year.

Now here is the scenario: A bunch of them die on the same day and head for heaven as their priersts, bishops and pope told them was waiting for them. At the gate St Peter stops them and asks them where they think they are going. 'Heaven,' they say, 'where all Catholics go.' 'Now hang on a minute' says St Peter. 'You all voted for abortion and thus prevented countless unborn huimans from ever seeing the Beatific Vision, to be with their God.' Now, having made sure they do not enjoy heaven, you guys think you can go there' St Peter tells them. 'No, you guys cannot in justice go where you prevented others from going to. God created them for Heaven, but you never gave them a chance of going to heaven when you voted for their deaths in their mothers' wombs, thus preventing all of them from receiving baptism.' 'No, your place is in the opposite dirtection, where all the abortionists go, the fires of hell.
At this point, there's little reason to vote anything but R. Sure, there are plenty of RINOs, but the left are plainly a bunch of atheistic commies at this point. I'm not going to spend time reading up on every single candidate, it's impossible. However, I know if I vote Republican, there's a much higher chance of them more closely aligning with a Catholic worldview. If there are primaries, that's a different story, but in a general election there's only one choice that makes sense in today's political climate.