FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Idol Worship Never Happened...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...at least according to the Vatican.

At the presser for the Amazon Synod today, Vaticanista Sandro Magister said that the video of the ceremony in the Vatican gardens before the synod has now gone viral among evangelicals and pentecostals.

“This video is used as a weapon to accuse the Catholics of being idolaters.” Magister explained to the panel. “What is your judgment about these rituals that were made with these people kneeling before objects…?”

Paolo Ruffini, Prefect of the Dicastery for Communications, responded:

“We said here that there was no ritual and no prostration took place, we have repeated this here, so we have to be vigorous in saying things that actually happened before cameras, so we have explained that this did not happen.”

What did not happen?

THIS DID NOT HAPPEN:

[Image: idols.png]

Except, of course, that it did.

We saw it.

They think we’re stupid.

(Read the entire article at One Peter Five)
Did this happen?

Video clip starts at 55 seconds:

At least the religious sister was wearing a habit...so there's that.  :rolleyes:

Too bad it wasn't a procession for the Blessed Virgin Mary.  Remember those?  :dodgy:
Gaslighting.
Whenever someone tries to gaslight you, run.
What is the FIRST commandment?
(10-26-2019, 08:48 PM)yablabo Wrote: [ -> ]What is the FIRST commandment?

Well, THEY obviously don't know!
The pictures from St. Maria Traspontina should be enough. There is idol worship going on in Rome and it appears to be officially sanctioned. 

And we're cowed.

I don't know if we're stunned by the audacity of it or just weakened. Either way the inaction will probably destroy us. God will not be mocked and there's no denying He's being mocked on a golden calf scale right now. 

The conservatives who conserve nothing will draw a new line in the sand and all the newly minted sede-vacantists will be mercilessly vilified for not crossing the last line drawn by those same conservatives. We are so afraid of the world we will cross the line, suffocate our consciences and march meekly into hell.

Let's be painfully clear about this: the line currently being drawn is on the other side of idol worship. That's how far we've come. And the apologists will continue to tell us it's no big deal as they lull us back to sleep.
Lots and lots of talk on the web. Catholics are saying this Amazonian geegaw reinforces Evangelical & Pentecostal Catholic hatred, but no one, I've seen, has mentioned that Muslims & Jews both are commanded by ___ to kill idolaters. Pope Francis, what are you thinking?
(10-27-2019, 01:02 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: [ -> ]Lots and lots of talk on the web. Catholics are saying this Amazonian geegaw reinforces Evangelical & Pentecostal Catholic...

Of course it does. They've always accused us of idol worship, and now they can crow that they were right all along, because the POPE obviously supports Catholics prostrating themselves before pagan idols. And denounces Catholics who do what great Saints have done throughout the ages. St Boniface and St Vlodymyr anyone?
>And denounces Catholics who do what great Saints have done throughout the ages. St Boniface and St Vlodymyr anyone?

I hadn't heard. 

Anyway, from my view it seems weak willed men and willful women are Pope Francis's main supporters in all this. Hardly the type to lay down their lifes for anything and hardly the type I would wish to have to lay down my life for. 

In my opinion Pope Francis is being controlled by parties at odds with the Church. 

Come  on Pope Francis, what are you thinking?
What's this? More idols? They don't look like the saints.

[Image: 20191027_Holy_Mass_for_the_closing_of_th....jpg?w=760]
Pope Francis with a new crosier for the Amazon synod closing Mass Oct. 27, 2019. Credit: Daniel Ibanez/CNA.

.....Pope Francis’ crosier for the closing Mass was a gift from members of the Synod of Bishops for the Amazon. A woman carried a plant in the opening procession as the choir sang St. Francis’ Canticle, “Laudato Si.” She later presented the plant to Pope Francis during the presentation of the gifts.

The controversial statues “symbolizing life” that the pope said might be displayed in the basilica for the closing Mass were not present.....

[more here]https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-decries-predatory-models-of-development-in-amazon-synod-closing-mass-33200
Pages: 1 2