FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Abomination of Desolation+birth pains=Pachamama?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reading Bp. Athanasius Schneider's astute collection of interviews with Diane Montagna, Christus Vincit, where he recommended one consult in turn Romano Amerio's Iota Unum, and Roberto de Mattei's What Really Happened at Vatican II (both familiar to many here) as well as one title I'd not heard of before, Fr. Alfonso Galvez' Ecclesiastical Winter (transl. 2012). Found this passage which made me take notice, to say the least.

Discussing the "abomination" as not devastation, but likely a "signal": "When the faithful have it before their eyes--the few ones who should know how to recognize it--then they can be certain that the time of Ruin and Desolation has arrived." This a of d "will appear within the Church and it will be considered neither as an abomination nor as a desolation, far from it. Rather it will be regarded as an object of veneration and worship: and for that very reason it will be standing in the holy place."

He goes on: "Regarding the first of the two facets, we mean that the appearance of the abomination will indicate the definitive sign of the coming of the End of Times and the beginning of birth pains (Mt 24:8). This announcement, despite the clarity of meaning, will be recognized only by the small number of the elect. Meanwhile, Christians in general will continue with their normal pace of life; they will even mistake the signals heralding the imminent Ruin for the emergence of a time of splendor and of joy"--he compares this to the Mt 24 passage when Jesus warns how the "coming of the Son of Man" will be sudden, as the Flood bursting upon the revelers in the time of Noah. Fr Galvez elaborates next the a of d "as being the apex of the Great Apostasy" predicted by Paul (2 Thess 2:3) and Christ himself (Lk 18:8).

Wait, there's more. Recall this was translated in 2012, so written in Spanish probably at least a bit earlier. Fr. G interprets the apostasy as "reasonable" to include the hierarchy. He reckons how the a of d in the holy place marks the "culmination of a process of decomposition within the Church that will result, in turn, in the deepest crisis of her entire History: the widespread loss of Faith, the abandonment of the Hierarchy and a multitude of the faithful, the calling into question of all the dogmas, and the defenestration of the Papacy."

The papacy may not disappear, he suggests, but the "practical impossibility for the Roman Pontiff to" carry out his office and authority may follow. "Regarding this last point, it is not even possible to rule out a priori the possibility that this event may occur through a voluntary resignation sponsored by the Authority itself {my note--not sure of this meaning. Could it be "the Adversary"?}-given the trend observed in the Popes particularly since Paul VI. And these are only some of the occurrences that will coincide with the appearance of the abomination of desolation." (pp. 270-272. Entire text download here at Archive.org)

P.S. I set in red the "birth pains" as of course that presages eerily Pachamama herself. And the fact that Fr. G considered the resignation of a pope before the decision of Benedict gives pause. Certainly much to ponder as to the impact of this warning.
When Pope Francis says or does his, well, odd stuff, I tend to privately roll my eyes and ignore him.  I was very unhappy with him in the beginning, but now I am just used to it and think to myself, 'well, there he goes again'.
Pachamama concerns me.  Greatly.  This goes way beyond Leonardo DiCaprio flying in on his private jet to discuss saving the environment.
I don't do end times stuff. I don't read Revelations looking for signs and signals because Jesus said no man will know when the end comes. But Pachamama concerns me for the sake of the Faith.
I still believe that the abomination of desolation has much to do with the New Mass. Just go read Maccabees again, one of the big things that sticks out is an erection of an altar in front of the Holy Place. How is placing the NO "table" altar in front of the Tabernacle not exactly this? Not to mention all of the Freemasonic man-centric elements of the New Mass. We've been suffering this for decades now.[Image: 6df70c42c067ff85f7c0c110246d52e5.jpg]
Ron Waytt's claim to have found the Ark and the temple furnishings in Israel, in 1982,  plus the birth of the red heifer in Israel in 2018, seems to be setting the stage for the a of d : which in my mind would be the renewed priesthood sacrificing in the third temple.

The ultimate insult.

--------------

It also seems the-all-seeing-eye may have been aware of Waytt's activities which only adds validity to Waytt's claims if you have any doubt. Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981
(11-18-2019, 12:37 AM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]I still believe that the abomination of desolation has much to do with the New Mass. Just go read Maccabees again, one of the big things that sticks out is an erection of an altar in front of the Holy Place. How is placing the NO "table" altar in front of the Tabernacle not exactly this? Not to mention all of the Freemasonic man-centric elements of the New Mass. We've been suffering this for decades now.

It's not exactly that because in Maccabees the problem was that Zeus was being worshiped in the temple and that swine were sacrificed to him, it was an utterly false and blasphemous offering. And there was already an altar outside of the Holy of Holies.

The same can't be said of the NO since it still is the sacrifice of the Mass, Christ is offered even if the altar is a few feet forward.
(11-17-2019, 06:53 PM)MaryTN Wrote: [ -> ]I don't do end times stuff.  I don't read Revelations looking for signs and signals because Jesus said no man will know when the end comes.  But Pachamama concerns me for the sake of the Faith.

I step away from End Times seers too for we know neither the day nor the hour. But given Abp. Schneider recommended Fr. Galvez' book, I looked it up. I trust the good bishop's commitment and counsel. I admit this priest's (in context, cautious) interpretation appears seven-odd years on very coincidental, to say the least, regarding both papal resignation and an idol with "birth pains" to be venerated in the heart of the Vatican, all the same. Thus my shared observations.