FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St Faustina Warns us of Bergoglio's Heresies and Apostasy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
St Faustina's Diary - https://liturgicalyear.files.wordpress.c...y-soul.pdf

December 17, [1936]. I have offered this day for priests. I have suffered more today than ever before, both interiorly and exteriorly. I did not know it was possible to suffer so much in one day. I tried to make a Holy Hour, in the course of which my spirit had a taste of the bitterness of the Garden of Gethsemane. I am fighting alone, supported by His arm, against all the difficulties that face me like unassailable walls. But I trust in the power of his name and I fear nothing. (Diary, 823)

Jorge Mario Bergoglio's Date of Birth is December 17, 1936
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
And then lets top it off with this gem -

Works of the Seraphic Father St. Francis Of Assisi, London: R. Washbourne, 1882, pp. 248-250 Wrote:Act bravely, my Brethren; take courage, and trust in the Lord. The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase.

The devils will have unusual power, the immaculate purity of our Order, and of others, will be so much obscured that there will be very few Christians who will obey the true Sovereign Pontiff and the Roman Church with loyal hearts and perfect charity. At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death.

Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it.

There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God.

Then our Rule and manner of life will be violently opposed by some, and terrible trials will come upon us. Those who are found faithful will receive the crown of life; but woe to those who, trusting solely in their Order, shall fall into tepidity, for they will not be able to support the temptations permitted for the proving of the elect.

Those who preserve their fervour and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and, persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth. But the Lord will be the refuge of the afflicted, and will save all who trust in Him. And in order to be like their Head [Jesus Christ], these, the elect, will act with confidence, and by their death will purchase for themselves eternal life; choosing to obey God rather than man, they will fear nothing, and they will prefer to perish [physically] rather than consent to falsehood and perfidy.

Some preachers will keep silence about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days Jesus Christ will send them not a true Pastor, but a destroyer.

Attributed to St Francis of Assisi of all the saints.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
(11-25-2019, 09:22 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]And then lets top it off with this gem -

Works of the Seraphic Father St. Francis Of Assisi, London: R. Washbourne, 1882, pp. 248-250 Wrote:Act bravely, my Brethren; take courage, and trust in the Lord. The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase.

The devils will have unusual power, the immaculate purity of our Order, and of others, will be so much obscured that there will be very few Christians who will obey the true Sovereign Pontiff and the Roman Church with loyal hearts and perfect charity. At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death.

Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it.

There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God.

Then our Rule and manner of life will be violently opposed by some, and terrible trials will come upon us. Those who are found faithful will receive the crown of life; but woe to those who, trusting solely in their Order, shall fall into tepidity, for they will not be able to support the temptations permitted for the proving of the elect.

Those who preserve their fervour and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and, persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth. But the Lord will be the refuge of the afflicted, and will save all who trust in Him. And in order to be like their Head [Jesus Christ], these, the elect, will act with confidence, and by their death will purchase for themselves eternal life; choosing to obey God rather than man, they will fear nothing, and they will prefer to perish [physically] rather than consent to falsehood and perfidy.

Some preachers will keep silence about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days Jesus Christ will send them not a true Pastor, but a destroyer.

Attributed to St Francis of Assisi of all the saints.

God Bless You
Tell me this isn't real. Tell me this hasn't been out there the whole time and that's it's just been made up.

edit: Except I'm reading it right now in an obvious scan of the original book from 1882. Are you kidding me?!
I've been googling myself into a coma on this St. Francis citation and I've seen a variety of claims that it's spurious and comes from a line of dissident Franciscans or that it applied to the Great Western Schism or this, that or the other thing. None of that changes the obvious reality that it exactly describes the situation in which we find ourselves right now.

We've got an "ex-pope" who dresses like a pope, styles himself like a pope and lives like a pope; what are we supposed to make of him? There's every reason to believe his successor was elected in violation of the spirit and letter of the law governing the conclave (and the serpentine reasoning of the canonists who judge there's no way for the electors to violate the law enough to invalidate an election is bizarre) because there's an actual admission of a conspiracy/campaign to elect Bergoglio. Ted McCarrick, Godfried Daneels and Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, Austin Ivereigh in the first edition of his book on it... at the very least it casts doubt, which is the devil's MO. (The only humor in this entire situation is Daneels name... God Fried.)

The religious orders are in disarray, schisms both actual and practical abound, nobody knows anything, pastors are either silent or trample the truth underfoot and that man in Rome who revels in messes and confusion is and will forever be known as the Destroyer.
(11-25-2019, 02:44 PM)boredoftheworld Wrote: [ -> ]I've been googling myself into a coma on this St. Francis citation and I've seen a variety of claims that it's spurious and comes from a line of dissident Franciscans or that it applied to the Great Western Schism or this, that or the other thing. None of that changes the obvious reality that it exactly describes the situation in which we find ourselves right now.

This is just the periodic "Josh is frustrated with the world and so tries to find some new way to prove Francis isn't Pope in a new thread other than the one that its restrict to, usually by some appeal to Sr Faustina" contribution. It can be safely ignored, and probably for your spiritual safety should be.

In fact, what you say is fully backwards. Claims of authenticity need to be demonstrated, not claims of inauthenticity.

Just because someone wrote something in a book or newspaper and claims someone else said this does not mean that the burden of proof is on the one doubting the authenticity. It is on the writer to demonstrate it's authenticity.

This is especially true when one reads something so out of character compared with the certainly authentic works of St Francis, and its origin fits very well the Fratacelli and their condemnation by the Pope and their style.

The claim for authenticity needs to be established, not "claims" against its authenticity proven.

Further, one can easily make some text fit a situation that it was never intended to do. Think Nostradamus. So with this supposed St Francis quote. Even if it were authentic, how do we know that it was intended to apply to now? Just because we have some "pattern recognition" does not prove this. This is the confirmation bias of which I've spoken about more than a few times here. We want a conclusion and fit the evidence to it, rather than collect evidence and come to a conclusion.

Same with Sr Faustina. That she wrote something about her prayers and sufferings has no clear connection with the birth of Pope Francis.

This kind of conspiratorial mentality which obsesses about useless connections that in no way help our Faith is dangerous and supremely unhelpful. Our salvation does not depend on these things, but doing what we can every day to live our State of Life. That doesn't include aimless speculation about the Pope.
The point I was trying and failing to make is the pedigree and authenticity of the prophecy is, to me, immaterial. We nevertheless find ourselves living in exactly the situation it described. It could come from the Sibylline Books and that would change nothing. This isn't some pattern recognition, the only thing that doesn't describe the situation as it stands today is people dying for not consenting to "falsehood and perfidy". Given that Catholics are being martyred around the world (which is hardly new of course) it's not really a stretch. Yes it's standard apocalyptic boilerplate, well... welcome to the standard apocalypse.
(11-25-2019, 03:48 PM)boredoftheworld Wrote: [ -> ]The point I was trying and failing to make is the pedigree and authenticity of the prophecy is, to me, immaterial.

So if I decided to make up a story that fit the narrative and claimed it to be from St Columba or some other ancient saint, that's good enough?
[Image: serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-webimage...che=119660]
And, Josh, what part of 'There's a Benevacantism thread', don't you understand?!
(11-25-2019, 04:04 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2019, 03:48 PM)boredoftheworld Wrote: [ -> ]The point I was trying and failing to make is the pedigree and authenticity of the prophecy is, to me, immaterial.

So if I decided to make up a story that fit the narrative and claimed it to be from St Columba or some other ancient saint, that's good enough?

Get back to me in at least 150 years and if the story fits the times down to the weirdness of the words being used then we'll talk. Attribute it to Marvin the Martian if you want, if you're right you'll still be right and it won't matter who gets the credit... or the blame. Will it?

Beyond that, this particular story wasn't written to fit the narrative by someone now living.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6