FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(12-17-2019, 07:21 PM)LionHippo Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps I may be one of the odd ones out on here, but I think that as long as we understand Mary's role in salvation, we don't need to apply numerous titles to her to make it known.  It can get to the point that instead of viewing her as our Blessed Mother, she becomes a showpiece to apply theological names and titles.  In all honesty, granting this title to her would not make me view Mary any differently.  Will this application of a new title help anyone live the Gospel differently?

Yes, these titles show different aspects of Mary, and what speaks most to one person might not to another.

The bigger problem is that whatever one's opinion on this title is, there have been plenty of saints who have written about it, and a lot of Catholics who would like it to be proclaimed, and the Pope dismisses it all as foolishness. It's insulting, but not surprising from a man who's already criticised orthodox Catholics as rigid and breeding like rabbits, refuses to condemn atheism and idolatry, and refuses to clarify his unorthodox opinions which he attempts to pretend are doctrine.
I hate to bring back a rather defunct topic, but something has just come to my mind.

Maybe his despise for this beloved and revered Marian title comes from the fact that close to Buenos Aires, where he was born and where he became prelate and archbishop, stands the South American seminary of the SSPX, and guess it's name... Our Lady Co-Redeemer.
The despise from this satanic title comes from the fact that is pure scandal that says that Mary redeems. It doesn't say that Mary co--operates, or any of the damage control, it SAYS that Mary redeems, just like a co-pilot pilots in a secondary way, or a co-author is author in a secondary way. My mother co-operated and helped me with my PhD, but she isn't co-author of the PhD.

Because of titles like these, there are people like this one: http://www.ourladyisgod.com/

It is only defended because some trads seem to think that Christianity consists in adding more and more titles to Mary (to the point where the list is like a million times longer than the one of Christ), and since they ran out of normal titles, they have to add the ones reserved for God, then come up with pathetic excuses to say how their insanity doesn't actually means what it clearly means. I mean, I have lost track of how many times I have read "co-redeemer doesn't mean co-redeemer guys!". Don't use the title then lmao.
(01-11-2020, 04:34 AM)Daniel-AH Wrote: [ -> ].

Did you read posts of mine and others who quoted early Church Fathers, Saints and Popes? What is foolishness is to liken the Blessed Virgin Mary as one among the disciples. She is indeed Co-Redmptrix, just as Eve was part responsible for our damnation. Mary is the new Eve and Christ is the new Adam, both were necessary for the fall and both are necessary for salvation.

(01-11-2020, 04:34 AM)Daniel-AH Wrote: [ -> ]Because of titles like these, there are people like this one: http://www.ourladyisgod.com/

You can find stupidity and crazies anywhere, nobody here argued nonsense like that and therefore it should be dismissed.

(01-11-2020, 04:34 AM)Daniel-AH Wrote: [ -> ]It is only defended because some trads seem to think that Christianity consists in adding more and more titles to Mary (to the point where the list is like a million times longer than the one of Christ)

Oh really? what other titles would you like to do away with? Just so I know where your coming from.

God Bless You
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5