FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I couldn't get into the parish...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was so despondent. I told a friend I wouldn't to Vespers that night. I was done with Church for good. He offered to give me a ride. It was raining. He walked through the door into the narthex. I was stopped. I couldn't get into the parish. A deacon holding his youngest in his arms opened the door. He invited me in. I couldn't get into the parish. "It's a little warmer." He went to find someone else to help. My godmother came out. She hugged me. Invited me in. I couldn't get into the parish. Then a deaconess came out. The wife of the aforementioned deacon. She didn't say anything. Or do anything. So it seemed. 

I walked away from the building, across the parking lot, to the edge of the property line. I turned around. She was still standing there. In the narthex though. I unbuttoned my shirt. I walked to the doorway of the parish again. She opened the door. "Welcome, Lord Jesus." To me, she said that. "You must have me mistaken for someone else." I said that when I realized she was saying that to me. She started a series of prayers culminating with "Be gone, Satan!" I collapsed onto the floor in the narthex. I finally made it into the parish. My friend said that he would have done anything the deaconess told him to do after those prayers were witnessed. She was praying the entire time. She knew why I couldn't get into the parish.
Are you ok? Was that a dream? I'll be praying for you.
(02-02-2020, 08:58 PM)ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]Are you ok? Was that a dream? I'll be praying for you.
It happened last night. I had been going through a lot of painful accusations since the week prior. Some were true and things I needed to work through. Some were blatantly dishonest and based on misrepresentation or dismissal of full facts. One of those accusations was that I was using the church for selfish reasons. That my coming to the church because I believed it could help me was prideful and arrogant. When she prayed these prayers which sounded like exorcism prayers, I could hear God saying to me, "You came to the church because you believed it could help you because it can."
So basically this "deaconess" was just being uncharitable toward you?
(02-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]So basically this "deaconess" was just being uncharitable toward you?

A deaconess is nothing more than a deacon's wife.
(02-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]So basically this "deaconess" was just being uncharitable toward you?
Huh? Where was that in the story? Closer that she exorcised me rather!

And a deaconess is an honorary title given to a wife of a deacon. We have four deaconesses and five deacons.
This reads like the opening of one of those novels where you can barely make out the plot.

I hope you’re doing well.
If I may, I recommend Father Ripperger’s book for Deliverance Prayers for the Laity.
Very beautiful prayers.
God bless you.
So from what I gather people don't want you at your local parish? I'm sure there's other parishes where you won't be recognized.
I'm also a little confused about what has happened here.  Are you saying that the members of the parish thought a demon was oppressing you and they attempted to cast the demon out?  If so, do you agree with their assessment?  Or have I completely misunderstood what you're saying here?
(02-03-2020, 11:19 AM)ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]So from what I gather people don't want you at your local parish? I'm sure there's other parishes where you won't be recognized.
No. It was something else. The people wanted me there and love me.
Pages: 1 2 3