FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Praying the rosary in Latin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone here pray the rosary in Latin?  On Wednesdays and Sundays I pray the Credo and the Pater Nosters in Latin and the Aves and Glorias in English. I'm thinking about praying the whole thing in Latin.
I occasionally pray all but the Credo  in Latin. I don't do the Credo because I don't yet have it memorised in Latin.
Lately I've been opting for it mostly in Latin. I'm in the same boat as Jovan, I don't yet have the Credo memorize. I also need to learn the Hail Holy Queen and Fatima Prayer in Latin too. Then I can really have some trad cred. (sarcasm)
I occasionally pray a Pater Noster and an Ave Maria in Latin rather than English, but not the whole rosary.
I pray part of it Latin sometimes, but I'm still learning the other prayers and pronunciation.
While I pray the Aves and Paters in Latin, I haven't memorized the Credo in Latin either. Silly question, but wasn't there some place on the web with Rosary cards, but all in Latin? I seem to have seen them somewhere.
(02-03-2020, 08:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I occasionally pray all but the Credo  in Latin. I don't do the Credo because I don't yet have it memorised in Latin.
It's easier after you hear the Credo chanted over and over again, such as the Credo from the Missa de Angelis -- you can find it online.
I've got the Gloria, Pater Noter and Ave Maria memorized in Latin. Still working on the other prayers, which I will read out of my daily missal if I recite the Rosary in Latin.

Below is a vid of the the Sorrowful Mysteries completely recited in Latin.

I only prayed the rosary in Latin once or twice, usually I do it in vernacular.
The good thing about praying in Latin, at least for me, is that I don't loose my focus so easily.

This topic made me remember something:
Where and how often was the rosary prayed in Latin prior to Vatican II?
(02-03-2020, 11:29 PM)ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2020, 08:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I occasionally pray all but the Credo  in Latin. I don't do the Credo because I don't yet have it memorised in Latin.
It's easier after you hear the Credo chanted over and over again, such as the Credo from the Missa de Angelis -- you can find it online.

Different Credo. This is the shorter Apostles' Creed, not the Nicene Creed used at Mass.

It's easier to memorise when you say it every day before Matins and Prime and after Compline, but the '62 Office removed that, along with the Hail Mary, which, because of that, is no longer used liturgically, at least in its entirety.
Pages: 1 2