FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Anglican Use Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Isn't there a shortened office for the Anglican Use?

Where can I get one?  Not the mass, but the Offices.

I treasured the Office as an Anglican, and they're shorter than a breviary, so the prayers were manageable. 

I'd like an approved Catholic edition, particularly for the collects.
'The Book of Divine Worship' did contain the Daily Offices, but as of 1 January 2016, it is no longer 'official' for public worship.

However, whilst you wait for Rome to approve new Daily Offices, check out this site: http://bookofhours.org/

Quote:The form of the Divine Office implemented on this site conforms to the 2003 Book of Divine Worship, produced for Roman Catholics in Pastoral Provision parishes in the United States. Based on the 1979 U.S. Book of Common Prayer of The Episcopal Church, it was never used except in the United States. When the Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter was established in 2012, use of the BDW was phased out.

The Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter has developed a new edition of The Divine Office which, although it uses some elements of the 1979 BCP, is more closely aligned to the 1928 and 1662 books. It has been submitted to the Vatican for approval. While advance copies of the full divine office are not available, the website prayer.covert.org implements a very close approximation to the proposal, and will be kept up to date as the approval process continues

On the home page, right hand column, there is a section called 'Find Today's Office'. Click on the appropriate Season. On the next page, click on the week we're in. That will take you to today's Office.
(02-06-2020, 05:27 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]'The Book of Divine Worship' did contain the Daily Offices, but as of 1 January 2016, it is no longer 'official' for public worship.

However, whilst you wait for Rome to approve new Daily Offices, check out this site: http://bookofhours.org/

Quote:The form of the Divine Office implemented on this site conforms to the 2003 Book of Divine Worship, produced for Roman Catholics in Pastoral Provision parishes in the United States. Based on the 1979 U.S. Book of Common Prayer of The Episcopal Church, it was never used except in the United States. When the Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter was established in 2012, use of the BDW was phased out.

The Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter has developed a new edition of The Divine Office which, although it uses some elements of the 1979 BCP, is more closely aligned to the 1928 and 1662 books. It has been submitted to the Vatican for approval. While advance copies of the full divine office are not available, the website prayer.covert.org implements a very close approximation to the proposal, and will be kept up to date as the approval process continues

On the home page, right hand column, there is a section called 'Find Today's Office'. Click on the appropriate Season. On the next page, click on the week we're in. That will take you to today's Office.

Thank you, I found this last night!
This Office appears to be a combination of Rite I and the 1928 BCP. Interestingly, it mirrors exactly in its outline the Office I put together on my own as an Anglican which was also a combination of Rite 1 and the 1928 BCP.

I did that on my own because there were some elements of Rite I that I liked or that had Catholic elements. It appears the Church in putting together these Offices had the same idea of what it should look like.

I'm so glad the old style English was maintained!

Does anyone know whether these psalms are from the Hebrew or Greek? I have a Coverdale psalter adapted to the Septuagint that I tend to use for traditional reasons, though I'm partial to the Hebrew psalms.
There's also this for the Ordinariate, although I don't know exactly what it includes.

https://www.amazon.com/Customary-Lady-Wa...184825122X
It's not short but Lancelot Andrewes Press puts out both Monastic Matins and a Diurnal that has separate Collects for Anglican use on some days.  Since it's pre  '62 it's way more robust and traditional than the Farnborough Monastic Diurnal. I still have the Matins although I no longer use it, and I've heard great things about the Diurnal. Not sure this is what you're looking for but it was used by Anglicans and some amongst the fringe and tragic "Western Rite" Orthodox.