FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: High Dose Vitamin C Now the Weapon of Choice Against Coronavirus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a report by Richard Z. Cheng, MD, PhD; et al:

Quote:As a matter of fact, large dose intravenous vitamin C (IVC) has been used clinically successfully in viral ARDS and also in influenza [10]. Fowler et al described a 26-year-old woman developed viral ARDS (rhinovirus and enterovirus-D68) [3]. She was admitted to ICU. After failure to routine standard management, she was placed on ECMO on day 3. High dose IVC (200mg/kg body/24 hour, divided in 4 doses, one every 6 hours) was also started on ECMO day 1. Her lungs showed significant improvement on day 2 of high dose IVC infusion on X-ray imaging. She continued to improve on ECMO and IVC and ECMO was discontinued on ECMO day 7 and the patient recovered and was discharged from the hospital on hospital day 12, without the need of supplemental oxygen. One month later, X-ray of her lungs showed complete recovery. Gonzalez et al (including one of the authors, Thomas Levy) reported recently a severe case of influenza successfully treated with high dose IVC [10]. 25-year-old MG developed flu-like symptoms which was rapidly deteriorating to the degree that, about 2 weeks later, the patient barely had the energy to use the toilet. He was placed on high dose IVC (50,000 mg of vitamin C in 1000 ml Ringer's solution, infused over 90 minutes). The patient immediately reported significant improvement the next day. On day 4 of IVC infusion he reported to feel normal. He continued oral VC (2,000 mg twice daily) [10]. Another story has been widely circulating on the social media that large dose IVC reportedly was used in 2009 to save a New Zealand farmer, Alan Smith (Primal Panacea). One of us (Thomas Levy) was consulted upon in this case [11] [12]. Hemila et al reported that vitamin C shortens ICU stay in their 2019 meta-analysis of 18 clinical studies with a total of 2004 ICU patients on the journal Nutrients [13]. In this report, VC shortened the ICU stay by 97.8% in a subgroup of 1766 patients. Marik et al reported their use of IVC in 47 sepsis ICU cases. They found a significant reduction in mortality rate in the IVC group of patients [14].

Dietary antioxidants (vitamin C and sulforaphane) were shown to reduce oxidative-stress-induced acute inflammatory lung injury in patients receiving mechanical ventilation [15]. Other antioxidants (curcumin) have also been shown to have promising anti-inflammatory potential in pneumonia [16].

High dose IVC has been clinically used for several decades and a recent NIH expert panel document states clearly that high dose IVC (1.5 g/kd body weight) is safe and without major side effects [17].

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/index.shtml

Dr. Richard Z. Cheng is now in Wuhan facilitating IVC treatment for hospitalized coronavirus patients.
At last, GOOD NEWS.

The news coming from China regarding the treatment of coronavirus with high dose vitamin C is nothing short of astonishing--the Chinese government is now helping spread the word about the effectiveness of this cheap, widely available vitamin against deadly infections.

As it happens, China is nearly the sole supplier of the world's vitamin C. (Expect prices to rise.)

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n12.shtml

Ironically, the World Health Organization and other entities are suppressing the news out of misplaced loyalty to Big Pharma. The world's foremost 'do gooders'--including Facebook, Amazon, Google, and YouTube--meet with the WHO to talk strategy and coordinate their efforts. [Sheesh.]

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/14/face...ssion=true

Meanwhile the initial trial was so successful three more have been approved, a blessing for the afflicted Chinese.
I've long been a firm believer in the health benefits of Vitamin C. Add to the mix, elderberry juice concentrate, for a big immune system boost.
Elderberry juice concentrate, very good stuff. Elderberry wine was my grandmother's favorite, and I like it too.

I suppose the great hope in using high dose C is to avoid the damage pharmaceutical drugs do to organs like the liver and heart, weaknesses this virus uses to its own advantage when the victim is re-infected.

But some viruses, especially those that attack the respiratory system, can also spur a strong immune response into overdrive, leading to multiple organ failure, i.e., the 'cytokine storm'.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294426/

Because elderberry is such an effective immune system booster, it apparently must be used early, when symptoms are few and mild, and withdrawn completely should the infection go beyond control. High dose vitamin C, which arms the white blood cells but does not increase the immune response, seems to be the work-around to this problem.
(02-22-2020, 03:30 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: [ -> ]Because elderberry is such an effective immune system booster, it apparently must be used early, when symptoms are few and mild, and withdrawn completely should the infection go beyond control. High dose vitamin C, which arms the white blood cells but does not increase the immune response, seems to be the work-around to this problem.
:w2go:
Gee, Zedta, I was hoping you'd refute me on this. I don't like what I'm reading.

Or as somebody said just the other day, all we need now is a comet.
(02-23-2020, 12:53 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: [ -> ]Gee, Zedta, I was hoping you'd refute me on this. I don't like what I'm reading.
Actually, I've read that there is indeed this type of secondary activity with the Corona Virus so prevalent in the news. It appears as though after the person recovers from the initial infection, they can experience a sudden death sort of event, usually from cardiopulmonary collapse.

One article I posted, noted a genetic engineering of the main corona virus, with DNA from the HIV virus and from the TB mycobacterium, inserted into its DNA strands. Ya, the more one looks at this critter, the more unnatural and human engineered it appears.

Teresa Agrorum Wrote:Or as somebody said just the other day, all we need now is a comet.

As frequent these fella have been in recent times, it could only be a short time before an interesting one shows up incoming to out part of the solar system! :P
Orthomolecular.org is reporting that FIFTY TONS of vitamin C have been trucked into Hubei, Wuhan. This happened two weeks ago, and the Chinese media spread the news. But U.S. media, not a word.