FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop Lenga Of Kazakhstan Calls Francis An Antichrist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The former Archbishop of Karaganda in Kazakhstan, Jan Lenga, has been banned from preaching and celebrating Mass by the Polish Church for describing Pope Francis as the antichrist and refusing to include him in prayers. https://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/12515/p...tan-bishop-

Archbishop Lenga says he will not be sanctioned though https://gloria.tv/post/bfuhbguixFXs67Ek9rWEGvHkV
Bully for him!  :D ETA: not that the pontiff is the antichrist, but he sure ain't on the right side. I do pray for him, though.
If I were in his shoes I couldn't say 'Pope Francis' I would probably just use 'Pope' until the confusion was cleared up and warn the flock of the heresies being spread by Bergoglio and his accomplices. I guess he will just have to lay low and pray like the rest of us now for when this all comes to an end and the confusion is cleared up.... unless he can speak with Pope Benedict XVI.

Quote:"Bergoglio has not confirmed himself in the faith and is not passing that faith to others, he is leading the world astray," said the archbishop "He proclaims untruths and sins, not the tradition which has endured for 2000 years... He proclaims the truth of this world, which is precisely the truth the devil".

I agree completely.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
(02-27-2020, 05:51 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: [ -> ]If I were in his shoes I couldn't say 'Pope Francis' I would probably just use 'Pope' until the confusion was cleared up ...

Josh,

We're not confused. You are.

Again, I think your obsession, and yes, let us call it what it is, is over taking you so you feel the need to comment every time you see anything remotely able to be directed towards a discussion that's limited to one particular thread ...

I think, perhaps, a good Lenten penance would be to say nothing about Pope Benedict or Pope Francis until Easter, and in the meantime pray and make sacrifices for Pope Francis, who whatever you might think, certainly needs prayers and sacrifices for him.
(02-28-2020, 12:56 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I think your obsession, and yes, let us call it what it is, is over taking you so you feel the need to comment every time you see anything remotely able to be directed towards a discussion that's limited to one particular thread ...

lol the OP is literally about this very thing.

(02-28-2020, 12:56 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]I think, perhaps, a good Lenten penance would be to say nothing about Pope Benedict or Pope Francis until Easter, and in the meantime pray and make sacrifices for Pope Francis, who whatever you might think, certainly needs prayers and sacrifices for him.

I'll pray for the Pope, if I'm wrong and it's Francis then It'll go to him and if I'm right and it's still Benedict they'll go to him, but above all I'll pray for the restoration of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and the whole world. And in any case I don't pray specifically very often, I just pray and God knows best where those prayers need to go.

God Bless You
The pope is the pope is the pope. Right now, that's Francis. His material heresies do not undermine his pontificate any more than a priest's heresies invalidate the sacraments he ministers. Because it is the Holy Spirit's work in the Church that ultimately grants power to the sacraments.
Here's something to ponder regarding Archbishop Lenga's comments. When I first read them I immediately thought, whatever made him say that ?  Then I remembered something my friend who was in seminary in the early 70's told me. He said something like "I saw alot of what was going on in seminary first hand, but I guarantee you the Cardinal knows a heck of alot more regarding what goes on in seminaries, parishes, bishops conferences, etc. I think it's pretty safe to say that for many years, Archbishop Lenga has moved in circles that none of us have ever been close to, and it might well be that he knows and has seen things that we only can speculate about. I don't think a 69 year old Archbishop who's been a priest nearly 40 years and a Bishop nearly 29 years, just rolled out of bed one morning and decided to call Francis an AntiChrist.
(02-28-2020, 10:34 AM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]Here's something to ponder regarding Archbishop Lenga's comments. When I first read them I immediately thought, whatever made him say that ?  Then I remembered something my friend who was in seminary in the early 70's told me. He said something like "I saw alot of what was going on in seminary first hand, but I guarantee you the Cardinal knows a heck of alot more regarding what goes on in seminaries, parishes, bishops conferences, etc. I think it's pretty safe to say that for many years, Archbishop Lenga has moved in circles that none of us have ever been close to, and it might well be that he knows and has seen things that we only can speculate about. I don't think a 69 year old Archbishop who's been a priest nearly 40 years and a Bishop nearly 29 years, just rolled out of bed one morning and decided to call Francis an AntiChrist.
We are still supposed to include the Pope in our prayers.
(02-28-2020, 07:36 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: [ -> ]The pope is the pope is the pope. Right now, that's Francis. His material heresies do not undermine his pontificate any more than a priest's heresies invalidate the sacraments he ministers. Because it is the Holy Spirit's work in the Church that ultimately grants power to the sacraments.

It is impossible for the Pope to become a heretic. Christ Himself guaranteed this.
(02-28-2020, 02:37 PM).ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2020, 07:36 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: [ -> ]The pope is the pope is the pope. Right now, that's Francis. His material heresies do not undermine his pontificate any more than a priest's heresies invalidate the sacraments he ministers. Because it is the Holy Spirit's work in the Church that ultimately grants power to the sacraments.

It is impossible for the Pope to become a heretic. Christ Himself guaranteed this.

John XXII. He was at least a material heretic. So is Pope Francis if he thinks it’s okay for people in mortal sin to receive Communion and that it’s immoral in principle for the state to execute murderers.

But he probably can’t be a formal heretic, because he has no superior who can correct him, and he can’t be guilty of the crime of heresy, because nobody can judge that except another Pope.
Pages: 1 2