FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Where catholic to donate. missions/charity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to several circumstances I have found myself with honest and excess of spending money, and having already enough for my entertainment, I want to use part of my savings for a truly christian deed.(I live with my parents)
What are the best options or possible plans I can talk with my parish's priest about? Food for their soup kitchen? Finding a local missionay order and sponsoring one of their priests?

Im currently not employed but I still have a small monthly income,I could use that i guess. I donate to the parish charity box or to random people who beg on the streets but I dont feel in doing anything catholic-missionary this way.
(im from Argentina, not USA)
Thanks, that list is useful.
And here are some more ideas. Safe Spaces for Catholic Money
You could donate a little to Fisheaters, if you're so inclined. I'm sure Vox would appreciate it. :D
(02-28-2020, 09:32 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]You could donate a little to Fisheaters, if you're so inclined. I'm sure Vox would appreciate it. :D

Why didn't I think of that. After all, I do it.
(02-28-2020, 04:37 PM)xsantiagox Wrote: [ -> ](im from Argentina, not USA)

Si eres de Argentina, tu puedes donar a Miles Christi, una orden de sacerdotes que esta fundada en Argentina.

(Website in English is here.)
Aid to Church in Need (ACN) and Caritas in Veritate (CiV) seems to do a good job helping Catholics all around the world.

And mind if I give my opinion OP?
Once a priest told us during homily that sometimes we should refrain from donating to random people on the streets, because this money given in Christian charity could be wrongly used by them against them.