FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Illumination of Conscience or Warning Prophesied by many Saints.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Many people, even Catholics, may not even yet have heard that there is a Warning soon to come. This has been prophesied by many Saints and Mystics including St. Edmund Campion, St. Maria Faustina, Bl. Anna Maria Tiagi, Marie Julie Jahenny etc. People who know of it think it is only associated with the Four Girls who were Seers of Our Lady of Garabandal in Spain, but others have spoken of it as well. 

In the video, Sister Anne of Mary Theotokos, a Carmelite Nun, explains the Illumination of Conscience or Warning, and why it is likely to happen in our lifetime. She mentions some of the chaotic events that must take place first, including some kind of return of Communism. She speaks of the crisis in the Church and the bad Ostpolotik of the Vatican authorities with Communist China. And very much more.

Thoughts on the video?

Just as an initial response, as I am currently watching the video; there certainly is a strong knowledge or "feeling" among many of something big coming down the pipe. Perhaps this is what we all feel in our souls? I don't know. The thing that brings me hope is the increased potential for sinners to convert, thinking of those close to me who remain outside of the Church.

I also find it personally jarring that the good Sister has a large statue of Our Lady of LaSallette behind her. Because as of late I have found myself fixated on this particular apparition...
The world is getting crazier and crazier and I think a lot of people feel it in their bones whether they can articulate it or not.  

Been watching financial markets for awhile now and I think that this virus scenario coupled with all the rising debt and phony wall street optimism could bring us to a 1929 style crash scenario.  Add financial collapse to pandemic and cultural decomposition in the west and its easy to see trying times are on the horizon.  

The world of even 20 years ago is long dead and buried.  We are entering a "Brave New World" faster than we can imagine.  I really can't even fathom what 2030 will be like.  My prediction is that USA as it stands today will no longer be here, or there'll be a 21st century "Red Terror" scenario complete with 5G and China style social credit and all seeing AI linked interfaces in everyone's mandatory IOT devices. 

I don't sit and worry about it though. I'm a praying, believing Christian man and thats enough.  Ill survive whatever comes, if not physically then spiritually.
I thought it was a decent video, she certainly touched on a lot of the common prophecies of the coming chastisement. I didn't find anything that really stood out once the initial message of the video was explained. The thing that doesn't sit right with me are this particular apostolate(?)'s approval of Medjugorje, which is something I came across when i was browsing their videos.

As for the prophecy itself, I mean, it's good to hope for a worldwide event that wakes many up to the reality of God in the near future. I find it quite sensationalist to try and pinpoint a date on this, given that they emphasize the possibility for Lent 2020. I don't know, it seems like just another commentary within a sea of Catholic commentaries on coming chastisement, nothing completely illuminating but also nothing to dismiss either.

As I said, there is certainly a tense spiritual atmosphere right now that even non-religious have picked up on, so it's likely there will be something huge soon, but it's difficult to say just what.
(03-01-2020, 03:57 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that doesn't sit right with me are this particular apostolate(?)'s approval of Medjugorje, which is something I came across when i was browsing their videos.

From my experience this ends up being, more often than not, the key to seeing that a apostolate or speaker is generally not communicating some supernatural message but instead something of their own making. It might get a few things right, but it often is just a pious person commenting and without any theological background, training or supervision.

There is nothing wrong with a pious person making commentary among friends. There is everything wrong about it being done without proper training or supervision in a public venue.

It is worth noting that was exactly why Galileo got himself condemned. It was not his theory. Nor was it his insistence that his theory was true, and so the Church needed to reinterpret Scripture to fit his theory. It was his public insistence of this, outside of the proper circles, when he was not a theologian and his audience were not scientists or theologians.

Teaching about such matters even in a Catechism class or school was always done with permission and supervision of at least the parish priest. Speaking publicly about or publishing on such topics was historically always the subject of imprimaturs and the permission of religious superiors, and while I wouldn't suggest that we need to institute a system of such at present, given that it would almost certainly be abused, I think we should be extremely careful. The ease with which someone can say something and the melée we see, coupled with poor Catechesis means that people will often accept things like this without sufficient critique or reflection.

Add to this, Carmelite religious historically would not be allowed to give conferences like this. That was not their role. Rarely would religious who were not priests be permitted any public apostolate in which they could give opinions or speak, because it can sounds authoritative, when religious do not possess any authority to preach unless they are also ordained at least deacons.

That does not mean that women religious or religious brothers were prohibited, for good cause, to write or speak, but it was very rare and then only with careful supervision. Teaching orders were always highly trained and even then, teaching was done only with permission and supervision of the clergy or superiors.

But with the plethora of such videos, conferences and the fascination of many over the esoteric stuff, rather than the essential, I think in general this kind of thing needs to be prudently avoided.
(03-01-2020, 05:12 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Add to this, Carmelite religious historically would not be allowed to give conferences like this. That was not their role. Rarely would religious who were not priests be permitted any public apostolate in which they could give opinions or speak, because it can sounds authoritative, when religious do not possess any authority to preach unless they are also ordained at least deacons.

That's another thing that's strange to me about this particular channel. It seems like this new order these nuns have started are kind of fringe rather than truly in line with the Carmelite Order.
I am quite wary of this warning prophecy.
To me, it does not seem to be like God operates. Did the people before the flood get a warning?
Sometimes God sends a prophet (Nineveh), or a voice crying out in the wilderness, but in this cases the people still have to believe without getting direct confirmation from God.

Also, Jesus said: "A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign: and a sign shall not be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet", and is not our generation more wicked than that of Jesus' time? So why would we be sent a warning?

Even more so, when Jesus tells the story of the beggar Lazarus and the rich man, and the rich man gets cast into Hell, he asks Abraham to send Lazarus to his five brethren to warn them:
Quote:And he said: Then, father, I beseech thee, that thou wouldst send him to my father’s house, for I have five brethren,
That he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torments.
And Abraham said to him: They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
But he said: No, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will do penance.
And he said to him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, if one rise again from the dead.

So at that time they had Moses and the prophets, in addition we now have the Son of God, his Mother, and all the Saints, and still we do not believe. So how could we expect to be sent a warning?

I sometimes think that this prophecy of a warning is a temptation to make Good Catholics complacent. Because in essence it tells us that God will fix everything. But in the past, if God fixed things, it was because of people who were so willing to cooperate with God's grace that they became Saints, not because of some miracle cure.
Quote:...at that time they had Moses and the prophets, in addition we now have the Son of God, his Mother, and all the Saints, and still we do not believe. So how could we expect to be sent a warning?

Yet I do pray the world will receive a warning, even if it is nothing more than a deep sense of uneasiness that refuses to go away. Many of us have friends and family that have apostacized; we know others who never received any kind of religious upbringing at all, and nearly all of them appear 'allergic' to any mention of God, truth, logic, reason--the situation is frightening. (I myself have been ostracized from family life--my very appearance is an offence to them.)

At some point during the 100th anniversary year of Our Lady's apparitions at Fatima, I experienced an intuition that time was somehow running out. When I finally got up the courage to mention this to others I was very surprised to hear that they felt it too: "There isn't any time left." But left for what?

So, please, Lord, generously provide at least one more opportunity for souls to awaken and turn to You. Amen.
Medjugorie: I have friends on both sides of the aisle, and the willingness (negligence, really) of Rome to leave the question in murky waters makes me mad; a lack of concern for truth and the welfare of souls across the board is a hallmark of this pontificate.

And no, I'm not convinced by the official permission for pilgrimages. The events there have been condemned more than once, and now there is an exhaustive study that the Pope has not bothered to publish--all we get is innuendo and 'leaks' without context. What could go wrong?
(03-01-2020, 05:12 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2020, 03:57 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that doesn't sit right with me are this particular apostolate(?)'s approval of Medjugorje, which is something I came across when i was browsing their videos.

From my experience this ends up being, more often than not, the key to seeing that a apostolate or speaker is generally not communicating some supernatural message but instead something of their own making. It might get a few things right, but it often is just a pious person commenting and without any theological background, training or supervision.

There is nothing wrong with a pious person making commentary among friends. There is everything wrong about it being done without proper training or supervision in a public venue.

It is worth noting that was exactly why Galileo got himself condemned. It was not his theory. Nor was it his insistence that his theory was true, and so the Church needed to reinterpret Scripture to fit his theory. It was his public insistence of this, outside of the proper circles, when he was not a theologian and his audience were not scientists or theologians.

Teaching about such matters even in a Catechism class or school was always done with permission and supervision of at least the parish priest. Speaking publicly about or publishing on such topics was historically always the subject of imprimaturs and the permission of religious superiors, and while I wouldn't suggest that we need to institute a system of such at present, given that it would almost certainly be abused, I think we should be extremely careful. The ease with which someone can say something and the melée we see, coupled with poor Catechesis means that people will often accept things like this without sufficient critique or reflection.

Add to this, Carmelite religious historically would not be allowed to give conferences like this. That was not their role. Rarely would religious who were not priests be permitted any public apostolate in which they could give opinions or speak, because it can sounds authoritative, when religious do not possess any authority to preach unless they are also ordained at least deacons.

That does not mean that women religious or religious brothers were prohibited, for good cause, to write or speak, but it was very rare and then only with careful supervision. Teaching orders were always highly trained and even then, teaching was done only with permission and supervision of the clergy or superiors.

But with the plethora of such videos, conferences and the fascination of many over the esoteric stuff, rather than the essential, I think in general this kind of thing needs to be prudently avoided.
But she dresses so stylishly
Pages: 1 2