FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 1918 influenza pandemic survivor interview: Mrs. Edna Register Boone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God bless the people who lived and died during the last pandemic. May God protect us and help us to get through whatever difficulties we may be called to endure in the coming weeks. 

Mrs. Boone, 100 year-old resident of Mobile, tells how her family was the only family in a small rural Alabama area that did not contract the flu during the 1918 flu outbreak. Mrs. Boone's family all became responders in her community. Her parents become instant nurses and she delivered soup to the door of ill families.

Thanks for posting, JacafamalaRedux. May God bless this dear lady.
(03-02-2020, 09:17 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]Mrs. Boone, 100 year-old resident of Mobile, tells how her family was the only family in a small rural Alabama area that did not contract the flu during the 1918 flu outbreak. Mrs. Boone's family all became responders in her community. Her parents become instant nurses and she delivered soup to the door of ill families.

I hope that video is a few years old. If not, she was an awfully intelligent toddler to be delivering soup to families when she was only a year or two old.  :D
(03-02-2020, 09:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2020, 09:17 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]Mrs. Boone, 100 year-old resident of Mobile, tells how her family was the only family in a small rural Alabama area that did not contract the flu during the 1918 flu outbreak. Mrs. Boone's family all became responders in her community. Her parents become instant nurses and she delivered soup to the door of ill families.

I hope that video is a few years old. If not, she was an awfully intelligent toddler to be delivering soup to families when she was only a year or two old.  :D
The video was posted in 2012 and she said at the very onset of the video that she was born in 1907  :idea: and was 10 years old when the flu hit.
(03-02-2020, 10:47 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2020, 09:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

The video was posted in 2012 and she said at the very onset of the video that she was born in 1907  :idea: and was 10 years old when the flu hit.
Yeah, I know. Old as dirt. God bless her. Whatever else, it says she's 100 years old at the time of the video.