FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Hand Washing Tip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, folks.

I was told that it's best to wash your hands for 20 seconds, in this era of Novavirus concerns.

I just timed it, and that's also how long it takes to say the Ave Maria (Hail Mary), in Latin.  Here it is below:

Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum; benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Jésus.

Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstræ. Amen.

Deo gratias!
Only a Fishie would think of it.  :D Thanks, Mark.
And I missed a great opportunity!  I taught my kids to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!"
As someone in Healthcare, also remember that Purell is only used after your hands have already been washed and are not visibly soiled. I don't know how many people seem to think that just rubbing Purell on your grimy hands makes them clean.
(03-02-2020, 11:28 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]As someone in Healthcare, also remember that Purell is only used after your hands have already been washed and are not visibly soiled. I don't know how many people seem to think that just rubbing Purell on your grimy hands makes them clean.
Good point, thanks!
Deo gratias!