FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: No confession today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Archdiocese of Denver no longer has the Mass.  Faithful are encouraged to stay home, but we were told confession would still be available.  Well, Pilgrim and I got all the kids into the van and went to our local church for confession.  None available.  Some 40 people were waiting for Father and he wasn't there.  I feel let down - completely.  Just walking into church and knowing I couldn't attend mass tomorrow makes me so sad.  It feels crushing.
(03-14-2020, 07:36 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Archdiocese of Denver no longer has the Mass.  Faithful are encouraged to stay home, but we were told confession would still be available.  Well, Pilgrim and I got all the kids into the van and went to our local church for confession.  None available.  Some 40 people were waiting for Father and he wasn't there.  I feel let down - completely.  Just walking into church and knowing I couldn't attend mass tomorrow makes me so sad.  It feels crushing.
Do you know if Father was sick last minute? Perhaps he intended to but fell ill?
(03-14-2020, 08:04 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2020, 07:36 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]Archdiocese of Denver no longer has the Mass.  Faithful are encouraged to stay home, but we were told confession would still be available.  Well, Pilgrim and I got all the kids into the van and went to our local church for confession.  None available.  Some 40 people were waiting for Father and he wasn't there.  I feel let down - completely.  Just walking into church and knowing I couldn't attend mass tomorrow makes me so sad.  It feels crushing.
Do you know if Father was sick last minute? Perhaps he intended to but fell ill?

I had assumed there was a sacramental emergency.  We looked for Father, but there was not one member of the parish staff available. Nobody was in the building except parishioners.  

It just hurts to know there is no Mass - anywhere around us.  I wasn't saying it was Father's fault; it isn't.  I just feel adrift.
This is one of the scariest spiritual aspects of the diocesan closures.
As another poster mentioned, something along the lines of, if you can still go down to the pub and grab a beer, but have Churches shut down, then something is seriously wrong.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Reminds me of St Peter saying it's better to suffer for doing right then for doing wrong, for they'll close down Churches and be without the sacraments and end up getting it anyway, especially if people still have to go to work and buy groceries etc. One just takes reasonable precautions and if they get it they were going to get it anyway, this completely shutting down Churches is ridiculous. If it's so bad that they are shutting down Churches then at that point all mortgages should be suspended and we shouldn't have to go to work either.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You